“Clean but Dated Property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Salina

Days Inn Salina
You added Days Inn Salina to your Saves list
Days Inn Salina
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   407 West Diamond Drive, Interstate Highway 70 & 9th Street, Exit 252, Salina, KS 67401   |
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Salina
Fort Worth, Texas
“Clean but Dated Property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The staff is very nice and the rooms are clean as best as they can be. The hotel is dated and needs a remodel and some maintenance. Lamps were almost failing down due to being broken. Bathtub needed re-glazing or replaced. AC worked fine and the beds were comfortable and clean. Room was very quite even with the truck stop next door, never heard one truck.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Grand Island, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our 4th year of staying at this motel during a car show there in Salina . Rooms are clean. I realize it is a little dated, but the staff is very friendly and accomodating. Know us by name and go out of their way to get us checked in and settled. Continental breakfast is good, handy locationl Already made our reservations for next year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pueblo, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were traveling from Ohio to Colorado in April 2012...stopped here for the night...my daughter left her ipad on the bed and we checked out and hit the road for Colorado. About a week later, we noticed the ipad missing so we called the hotel and they still had it at the front desk, waiting for us to call...they tried to call us several times but my fiance didn't tell me that they called and his voicemail wasn't set up. As soon as I called and verified the address, they shipped the ipad to me overnight. I was amazed at their honesty. The rooms met our basic needs and were clean. The room service (ordering extra towls and shampoo) was fast and super friendly. The lady even told us about the tornadoes that were coming the next day so we could get a head start out of town. I was amazed at how friendly the front desk was and the personalized service we received. It's hard to find an inexpensive hotel with good, friendly, personal service and comfortable beds and a clean room -- but we definitely found it here! The pool was not crowded at all and it was a neat looking pool, like a cabin. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN INEXPENSIVE PLACE TO STAY THAT HAS PERSONAL SERVICE WHERE YOU ARE SERVED QUICKLY WITH NO WAITING AND VERY HONEST AND GENUINE STAFF THAT REALLY CARE.

Room Tip: No elevators so stay on the 1st floor if you dont' want to climb steps (not that many steps thou...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We made a reservation on the fly. Not great, I wish I had just kept driving and did not have a reservation. I paid $47 + tax for this $35/night (at best) hotel. It is in a parking lot surrounded by pavement, not a blade of grass in sight. When we first drove up we thought the place was deserted. The checkin was very pleasant, the staff is very friendly. The first room we got was hot with an inadequate ac but they quickly placed us in another room upon request. The ac was updated, but how long will they last since the first room already had a broken one. The ac did keep the room cool on a 110 degree day.

The furnishings in this old hotel had been updated and were modern. The bed was clean and comfortable, updated mattress. The room is large. There is a micro/fridge, flat screen, pod coffee maker. Lots of TV stations and decent internet.

The ceiling looks awful and the front door does not fit the frame. There is light and heat coming in from the gap. Can't be too secure either. The bathroom definitely needs updating. It looks like they are trying to fix the place but it is not there yet.

The breakfast was continental with a good selection of breads and cereals.

Though they are very nice people I cannot recommend this hotel. With more updates perhaps I could.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here on our way home to Texas. We were both impressed with the rooms and cleanliness. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012
Wichita
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Room was ok nothing special. Room was upstairs - no elevator. Entry through front door. Breakfast was pleasant with cereal rolls and make yourself a waffle. The staff was helpful and friendly and kept the motel clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Don't let the look fool you. It may have a 1970's vibe to it (espeically the pool) but this hotel was just perfect for what we needed. It was clean, the staff were helpful and friendly and the pool was great. For kids there are two parks just a mile down 9th Street. The first, Thomas Park is a regular city park but the next one at Woodland Ave has not only a playground but a water sprinkler play area!
What impressed me about this hotel was how quiet the rooms were... I mean they were QUIET. Thick doors and thick walls. Close to Starbucks and IHOP were pluses too. Great military rate!

This hotel is off of I-70 not I-135.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Salina? Share your experiences!