“Better than most--” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Salina
Dallas/Ft. Worth
“Better than most--”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We checked in earlier than the 3:00 p.m. check-in, but the front desk clerk was very helpful and checked to see what rooms were available. I had requested a non-pet approved room, due to allergies, and we were given a 2nd floor king suite. There was new carpeting, a sofa, desk and even a recliner. I would recommend this Super 8.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 I-70, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words on your stay at the Super 8 I-70 in Salina, KS. I am glad we were able to give you a non-pet room. Since we are pet friendly, we do have certain rooms that we do use for our guests with their furry famiily members:) Once again, thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you on your next trip through Salina.

Have a great day!

Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The staff was helpful and courteous. No reservation but no problems. Room was very clean, internet, tv and beds were good. Value was ok for the quality of room.
Negatives were the smell was strong of some kind of cleaner or freshener. Also towels were rough and thin. Breakfast was minimal.
Overall, I would probably go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 I-70, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
First of all I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 I-70 in Salina. I am very glad that you found our staff courteous and professional. It is very good to hear that you said our rooms were very clean, the beds are comfortable and the t.v. was good. It sounds like our rooms are exactly what a guest should expect them to be. As far as breakfast, Super 8 has the same breakfast at all of its hotel. It is mandatory that all properties offer the same thing so that there is consistency throughout all of us. We do get a tremendous amount of good reviews about our breakfast and most people are happy with what Super 8 has to offer.

Thank you for your comments and I AM very glad that your room was what it should have been and that your stay was comfortable:) Have a great day and I hope you do decide to try us or other Super 8's in your travels.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Flat Rock, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The title says it all. For a budget hotel, this was really nice. The rooms were beautifully decorated, very modern, the beds were comfortable, the staff was great. The breakfast, as with most Super 8's, was sparse. But I'm not a breakfast eater, so it was no big deal. As I-70 will soon become a regular drive for us, this will be our go-to hotel as we pass through.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 I-70, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Super 8 I-70 on you trip through Salina. I am very proud to be associated with this hotel. All of the staff works very hard to make sure that everyone that stays here get more than they expect. It is such rewarding when we get nice comments like this. I am also glad to hear that you will be coming through salina often. On your next trip make sure you stop and say hi and we will have a cup of coffee together and I will be able to thank you personally for staying with us.

Safe travels and we will talk to you on your next trip:)

Russellville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night as a stop-over on our way further west. I had read several recent reviews on tripadvisor prior to making the reservation. We were not disappointed! The hotel is very clean. The bed was comfortable, and the hotel was quiet. We got some much needed rest after a long 12 hr drive. Breakfast was pretty much the norm for the price we paid for the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the very nice comments. I am very glad that you decided to stay here on your way through Salina. It is so nice to here nice comments like this. This makes myself and my staff proud to be able to take care of our guests' needs. I do hope that you tell all of you friends about us and I also hope that you decide to stay with us again on your next trip through Salina.

Have a great day and thanks again!

Mike

Been to Super 8 I-70? Share your experiences!