“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 I-70 to your Saves list
Super 8 I-70
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   120 East Diamond Drive, Salina, KS 67401   |
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Salina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The title says it all. For a budget hotel, this was really nice. The rooms were beautifully decorated, very modern, the beds were comfortable, the staff was great. The breakfast, as with most Super 8's, was sparse. But I'm not a breakfast eater, so it was no big deal. As I-70 will soon become a regular drive for us, this will be our go-to hotel as we pass through.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 I-70, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Super 8 I-70 on you trip through Salina. I am very proud to be associated with this hotel. All of the staff works very hard to make sure that everyone that stays here get more than they expect. It is such rewarding when we get nice comments like this. I am also glad to hear that you will be coming through salina often. On your next trip make sure you stop and say hi and we will have a cup of coffee together and I will be able to thank you personally for staying with us.

Safe travels and we will talk to you on your next trip:)

Russellville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night as a stop-over on our way further west. I had read several recent reviews on tripadvisor prior to making the reservation. We were not disappointed! The hotel is very clean. The bed was comfortable, and the hotel was quiet. We got some much needed rest after a long 12 hr drive. Breakfast was pretty much the norm for the price we paid for the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the very nice comments. I am very glad that you decided to stay here on your way through Salina. It is so nice to here nice comments like this. This makes myself and my staff proud to be able to take care of our guests' needs. I do hope that you tell all of you friends about us and I also hope that you decide to stay with us again on your next trip through Salina.

Have a great day and thanks again!

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is a very easy hotel to find from the Interstate and, having booked ahead, I was a bit worried it might be noisy but figured it was worth the chance. When I arrived and found it was basically this hotel and a few truck-oriented gas stations, I was even more concerned but slept perfectly well all night - didn't hear anything.

We asked for dining advice when we arrived and unfortunately the woman at reception directed us to one of the truck stops. It was 8pm and we were not sure how large the city of Salina was, so we ate at the truck stop. It wasn't bad food, but it wasn't great either. Later, we went for a drive and found the town of Salina was about 4 miles to the south and there were dozens of open restaurants we could have selected, so my advice is not to necessarily rely on local knowledge for food - just drive down the road and there's going to be somewhere to eat.

Despite this issue, all other service we received was excellent. I'd originally screwed up my booking and chose the wrong day at a rate which didn't allow changes. Despite that, I contacted management and they were able to help me out with a zero-fee change to the desired dates, and for that, I give 5/5 excellent service rating.

There was an indoor pool in the hotel (we didn't use it), and a small breakfast area serving the standard fare of cereal/bagels/yoghurt/fruit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 I-70, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Super 8 I-70 in Salina. I am glad that your stay was good and that you slept well. I am also glad to hear that you drove around Salina. It is a nice little town:) As far as the restaurants, yes we do have quite a few to pick from. I have found most people like to eat close to the hotel when they are here. That is why we suggest the ones nearby. They gennerally have pretty good. Maybe next time it will be better.

Thanks again for staying and we hope to see you on your next trip:)

Hemphill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The staff was great. The room and amenties were great. The hotel went out of ts way to ensure I had a great stay in Salina. The check in staff was very helpful, and exceeded the requirements for satisfactory service. Everything was excellent after a long days drive, and I would recommend this hotel to everyone. A great place to spend the night!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Mike R, General Manager at Super 8 I-70, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you very much!! It is very nice to hear when we please someone:) I would like to thank you for staying with us here at the Super 8 I-70 in Salina. My staff works very hard to make sure that all of our guest stays are what they should be. Reading a review like this makes us all happy and proud to be in the hospitality industry.

Thanks again and I hope to see you on your next trip through Salina.
Have a great day and safe travels:)

Mike

Been to Super 8 I-70? Share your experiences!