“Could have been more helpful” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2110 W. Crawford St., Salina, KS 67401 (Formerly Red Coach Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Salina
Lompoc
“Could have been more helpful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

As we were traveling across the country on our way to visit our daughter in Indiana we got caught in a fairly severe blizzard about 48 miles west of Salina Ks. Although it wasn't in our plans to stay in Salina, mother nature convinced us that it would be wise for us to do so. We were able to make a reservation and pulled into the Hotel around 6:30 p.m. We were able to get checked in and into our rooms quick enough. The room was nice, and beds were comfortable. We were thankful to be off the highway and out of the weather. However, there really wasn't anything particularly special about the hotel, the service or its continental breakfast to warrant a rate that was essentially $100.00. The indoor play/arcade area should have been closed down a bit earlier. My wife and I found it difficult to get to sleep because of the noise well after 9 pm.

The next morning I was quite disappointed in the hotel staff's lack of concern for its guests. The sidewalks and parking lot were not cleared of snow except for a few square feet in front of two entrances. I and many other able bodied guests were helping each other get our vehicles cleared and pathways shoveled so other less abled folks could get on there way. This severe lack of assistance from the Quality Inn staff caused me to be delayed by two hours. I suspect the hotel probably enjoyed one of its highest occupancy rates that evening - I believe it should have shown some appreciation by requiring its staff to being more proactive and providing better assistance instead of hiding inside and staying warm and comfortable.

Steve Heuring

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ShamirBhakta, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Jerri H:

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites for your stay in Salina, KS. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We encountered one of the first snow storms of the seasons and I apologize for the lack of satisfaction you received from our service. We will try to be more prepared the next time and I will work on getting my staff more prepared in being more helpful to our guests.
Thank you again for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites and I hope you will give us another chance.

-Shamir Bhakta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were so glad it is pet friendly. Staff was very welcoming and pleasant. We had a great stay and again thank you for being pet friendly. Rooms were older4 but clean. Continental breakfast was nice. We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed December 2013
Dear lindaandrodger:

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn& Suites for your stay in Salina, KS. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are pet friendly and I am glad you found this to be very accommodating.

We hope to see you again soon!

- Shamir Bhakta
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Not the fanciest place, but perfectly reasonable. Room was spacious and quiet. The hotel was packed with holiday travelers due to the big blizzard that came through, and the employee in charge of breakfast had a hard time keeping up, but he worked diligently and conscientiously to do his best.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Marnie4351:

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites for your stay in Salina, KS. I am glad you found your room to be spacious and quiet. During your stay we experienced one of the first snow storms for the season and I am glad we were able to provide you with a safe place to stay for the night. Typically we would have at least two employees working during our busy days for Breakfast to make sure we give all of our guests the best breakfast experience. However, given the circumstances I am glad that our Breakfast attendant did his best to try to accommodate our guests.

Thank you again for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites in Salina, KS. We hope to see you again soon!

-Shamir Bhakta
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

This really is a great property with very comfortable rooms. They have an excellent restaurant / bar and offer one of the nicest complimentary breakfasts I've seen in Hotels. The staff is always very friendly, professional and attentive. They are also making improvements which include a brand new and killer hot tub in their pool area. I'll go out of my way to stay there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
ShamirBhakta, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Allen M:

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites for your stay in Salina, KS. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our room and our over all amenities. Our onsite restaurant, Legends Sports Bar & Grill is a getting very popular in town and it's good to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our restaurant.

For the past few years we have made improvements to our hotel so our guests can have a better experience. I am glad you were able to enjoy our brand new hot tub we added. We have had several requests for a new hot tub and hope that our guests enjoy this newly added amenity.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I had driven from Tulsa, OK to Osborne, KS for a meeting and joined up with friends from California. We returned to Salina quite late but they had our room ready with the roll away bed and extra towels for the three of us. We didn't get a chance to use the pool area since we were so late. The staff was friendly and the hot breakfast was good. Had we went out for breakfast the ticket would have been $25-30 I'm sure with a tip so the breakfast provides a nice discount on the room. We had stayed here before in a winter storm last year and would stay here again. We were told that they were still having trouble however with the hot tub. Last year it was way to hot and would not function. We even felt it could have been a health hazard, especially for children.

Room Tip: This is in a very good location and not high class but clean, comfortable and reasonable. The pool...

Dear Patrick G:

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites for your stay in Salina, KS. I am glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Our housekeeping staff does work hard and it’s good to know that our guests are enjoying their room. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your free hot breakfast during your stay with us.

We added a brand new hot tub few weeks before you’re stayed with us. It is too bad you didn't get to enjoy our newly added amenity; however, I hope you get to enjoy the new hot tub during your next stay with us.

We hope to see you soon!

Brighton, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel sits in a good location off of the highway and there is plenty of parking even for larger trucks and trailers. The breakfast was a bit better than the normal chain breakfasts.The rooms were clean but the hotel in general is dated. In the closed in atrium are where the gaming area and pool are The pool looked uninviting. I have stayed in nicer places and paid the same amount.They also have a restaurant/ sports bar on site. They are known for their burgers but don't waste your time. There are plenty of other choices just a short drive away. Safe travels!

• Stayed December 2013
ShamirBhakta, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Mary & Alcidez C:

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites for your stay in Salina, KS.

I would like to apologize for falling to meet your expectations during your stay with us. Our property is a bit older then most hotels in town, however, we have done major renovations over the years to try to stay competitive. Just this year we have put a new hot tub in, put flat screen TVs in all the rooms with HD channels, had all of our carpets cleaned and we constructed a new patio outside of legends. But I understand that there is always room for improvements and I can assure you that we have more renovations planed for the future and I hope that you will give us a another chance.

I am glad that you found our breakfast to be better than most hotels. We do try to serve fresh quality food and I'm glad you enjoyed it. However, I apologize that you did not enjoy your dinner at our restaurant. Our burgers are very popular and I have addressed your concerns with our cook to ensure that this does not happen in the future.

Ellis, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great place to stay the staff are friendly and more that accommodating. One of the things that I like most about staying here is the Bar and Grill great food and atmosphere. The breakfast in the morning is nice as well not just a continental .....you actually get a real breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ShamirBhakta, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Ryan M:

Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites when you are traveling to Salina, KS. Our onsite restaurant Legends Sports Bar and Grill has become a local favorite and our guests also find this amenity very convenient. I am very proud to hear that you enjoyed our food at the restaurant and during your free hot breakfast. One of the best compliments we get during our breakfast hours is that fact that we actually serve real fried eggs. We take pride in the food we serve because we try to serve good quality food.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Shamir Bhakta

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!