“Super awesome bbq” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 102 Restaurants in Salina
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Doing business, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
McPherson, Kansas
“Super awesome bbq”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Wife stumbled on this place when we first moved to the area and thought we'd give it a shot, and now everything gets compared against how awesome the food is here! Its so great that the cant even make enough of some items some days, people come in and buy it by the pound to take home. I'm talking about the burnt ends! It just makes my day when they have some left!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Make it a point to stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you are traveling through Salina ,KS and you like great barbecue, make it a point to stop at Hickory Hut. The pulled pork sandwich is wonderful. The onion rings and coleslaw were really good as well. The Slammer looked good as did the sweet potato fries. There was more food on my plate than I should eat and I suspect on our next trip through here we will stop and try it again!

“Great BBQ ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were traveling through Salina and stopped for a quick lunch. It was terrific. I saw the slammer and had to have one. This is now my favorite way to eat polish sausage. This is a great BBQ place. We'll be sure to stop in again.

Northern Michigan
“Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

There is a joke at the corporate office of the company that I work for in Salina, that they can always tell when you have been to the Hut. The smell of smoked meat will have your mouth watering as soon as you get out of your car. I had the pulled chicken and it was delicious, I also had the sweet potato fries and I dipped them in the homemade sauces provided at each table. The Hut is as authentic BBQ as you can get. I look forward to my next trip to Salina and hopefully someone will take me to the Hut for lunch!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Yummy BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

$13 for beef brisket, half chicken, sweet potato fries, slaw's, Texas toast, pickles and sofa was well worth it. Really enjoyed the food. Atmosphere was average self service for the bbq sauces. Highly recommend stopping if you are in the area.

• Visited November 2013