“Surprisingly clean and comfortable.” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2403 S 9th St, Salina, KS 67401   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #25 of 30 Hotels in Salina
Vancouver, Washington
“Surprisingly clean and comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on 3 separate weeks. Our room had been remodeled. Had a king bed & sleeper sofa. Got a great deal. Bed was a comfortable, firm king and my daughter had no complaints on the comfort of the sofa/sleeper. You are taken aback from the outside. It is in major need of an update, looks old and a little run down. But don't let that fool you. Our room was spacious & clean. Had French doors, a microwave and half refrigerator. Sink was out side the bath area(which we prefer). There was tile flooring at sink and marble in the shower/bath. Staff was friendly, especially the maid service. Will definitely stay here again. (We were here in August. Motels cannot always control the clientele it has booked. Especially from outside online companies)

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were on a road trip and needed a motel since we were traveling w our dogs and only were stopping over for a few hours of sleep. I chose this as the reviews sounded ok. Booked on expedia on my phone while on the road. On the internet phone, did not see anything that said non-refundable. I had never had a problem booking w Expedia in the past.

Showed up to the motel and it was uninhabitable. Looked like a run down crack motel/house. Multiple strung out people wandering the parking lot, but absolutely no cars. People hanging out in front of their rooms chain smoking in their pajamas at 6 pm. We did not stay and the owner told us that we needed to call Expedia to get the refund since we booked thru them. Expedia said the motel charged our card and would not refund it even though we did not even barely open the door to the room. I felt unsafe staying there or even parking my car there.
We left and went to La Quinta Inn and it was nice, safe, and clean.
Overall horrible experience and very disappointed with motel and Expedia for lack of customer support in this dealing w this motel they unfortunately represent falsely on their website.
Clearly some of these other reviews are from the owners and their family; there is no way I can believe actual people could stay here and rate it adequate. Will try to post photos when i am able.

This is a town mainly of motels; there are many other options if you have to stay.

Room Tip: Stay away. This is a town of motels, many other options. Would rate less than 1 star if able.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Topeka, Kansas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

nasty rude man at desk. dark, old, smelly room on back side of motel! Pictures on trip advisor can't be of room 170. Checked in but told them I couldn't stay there. Pool had bugs in it and dirt on the bottom. Room was very dark and very outdated. I didn't feel like I would be able to sleep there. My 6 yr old grandson didn't like it either and was happy when I got a Days Inn Room. Man at desk was very rude and nasty and hatefull when I told him I couldn't stay. He told me to "GET OUT!" and grabbed for the room key.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Would never had chosen this place except everything else sold out. Great deal for price. No bad smells. Shower drain was rusty, but everything else was clean. One pillowcase had stain, but linens appeared and smelled clean. No evidence of bedbugs. Had old hotel style bedspreads which I dont care for, but for price was good deal.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Great experience n really helpful management! Excellent Rooms n Suites! Clean Hotel! Really good pricing n helped us with a group rate also! I would recommend this hotel to everybody! Also free breakfast!

• Stayed July 2012
Waco, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was surprised at the quality of this hotel. Rooms were super clean and staff were really nice. It was just as nice as a lot of the higher up more expensive hotels in the area. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a really nice hotel with good value. Flat screens in the rooms and the rooms are updated. Great service. Nice clean friendly hotel. The hotel is right off of exit 90 which is really convenient and the price is reasonable. I will be staying again definitely.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!