“Great food at a good price” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tucson's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 102 Restaurants in Salina
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Schilling and 9th
Description: Enjoy incredible food at reasonable prices in a casual atmosphere. Voted Salina's number one steakhouse eight years running, Tucson's Steakhouse has a commitment to old fashioned quality without shortcuts. This Salina classic's obvious specialty is steak and this steakhouse is best known for its in house, hand cut, Certified Angus Beef. Other favorites at this family owned hot spot include Bacon Wrapped Shrimp, Smoked Beef Brisket, melt in your mouth Baby Back Ribs and specialty seafood selections.
“Great food at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband had a HUGE ribeye steak cooked perfectly. He said it was excellent. I had the catfish. I have eaten catfish at a lot of places, but this was the best ever. The bredding was crispy and a little spicy without being overly so. Too bad this restaurant is so far from my home state.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Carrollton, Georgia
“Steak was very tender and tasty, very fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I ordered a 6 oz filet and my DH had the Kansas City Strip, both were tender, tasty, juicy and cooked exactly like we ordered. Also had the chili queso dip as an appetizer, was very good. I had the grilled veggies on the side and my DH the regular baked potato. The food was very fresh and of good quality. I highly recommend Tuscans in Salina KS.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rio Verde, Arizona
“The Best Kansas Beef at Incredibly Moderate Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you are passing through Salina, don't miss this jewel of Kansas. This restaurant gives the best bang for the buck when it comes to eating grass fed Kansas beef.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tabor, SD
“Ribs were awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We received a coupon from our motel for a free chef's choice appetizer or dessert and they said it was a less expensive alternative to the Longhorn. It was just like our Texas Roadhouse without the good butter and peanuts. We went on a Saturday evening and they were busy but we got a booth right away. Two of us had half-slab baby back ribs and they were excellent. Very meaty and tender. Lots of good sides. I had baked sweet potato with brown sugar which was good and cheesy corn which was like mac and cheese but with corn instead of noodles-It was weird. One of us had chicken strips and picked double fries for the two sides-Way too much food for one person. Then we all split the free dessert which was brownie and ice cream. Yum! Three of us ate for about $50-60 (including 1 fancy drink) which I thought was a good deal considering they about had to roll us out of there for overeating. My only complaint was that it was very noisy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lynden, Washington
“Good, but not exceptional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

For starters, the wait staff really needs to know the menu. I had a pretty basic question, and the young lady waiting on us was completely stumped by the question. To her credit, she did go ask someone else and came back with the answer.

The seating area is abundant, which is good because the place seems to be consistently busy. That alone should tell you something. Locals like the place. It was clean and comfortable. Nice and cool compared to the heat outdoors.

I had the pulled-pork sandwich, and it was average to good, but I was very disappointed that there was only one sauce option for the sandwich. My wife can't even remember what she ordered, so it must not have been a mind-blowingly awesome dish. We shared a piece of cheesecake after the meal. It was okay.

Tuscon's really needs to invest in some high-quality dark ales. The on-tap selection was very lacking. Wife ordered the margarita sampler, called the "Skinny Sampler,", and this was the highlight of the meal. It was really quite clever. The customer is allowed to choose three flavors, and they are brought in what appears to be a converted relish holder. It was a great idea, and allowed my wife to choose the flavor she liked best for future drinks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere