“Not satisfied” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Salina
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Not satisfied”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The old saying "You get what you paid for" was correct for this location. The room smelled moldy and was not very cleaned. The sink drained slowly. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. Appears alot of local people stay there at weeks at a time. WIll not go back and would not recommend for families.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else that costs a little more than this facility.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Homewood, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I needed a place to stay in Kansas off of I-70 and this was one of the cheapest places I could find. The room was clean enough, the shower worked, and the front desk people were friendly. I wouldn't recommend it for a family vacation if you are looking for somewhere with a pool and tons of amenities but it did the job for a stopover point on my road trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Trash bags in the halls
Seems like full time residents are staying here
Rooms cleaned are hit n miss with replacement towels ???
Don't forget your soap & shampoo - bar soap provided is the size of your little finger

Seems like the past time is spent sitting outside smoking

• Stayed July 2013
Garden City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

well i book it online because of the location and the pics, they showed me. I am a basketball coach and i took my team to this hotel and the first thing that went wrong was the smell in the main lobby it was bad. Next was when we got to the front desk to check in there was a guy laying on the floor behind the desk clerk drunk passed out with a bad alcohol smell. But i look over that. Next thing was when we got to our rooms which we had 3 of them. My wife and i went in to our room which had a real bad smell to it plus still had trash under the tables plus our sheets wasn't change had stains in it. Next my kids went in to their room and as soon as they open the door the employees that was supposed be cleaning the rooms for us was laying in the bed together kissing on each other instead of cleaning it for us. Next room we had we order a roll out bed for them and when they brought the roll out bed to them the roll out mattress was tron all up and had no sheets on it plus had a bad smell to it. Next thing we saw in one of my kids room was weed left in the bath room on the sink. So i went Back to the front desk and ask for my money back and we left that place. NEVER AGAIN

Room Tip: Knights inn is awesome place to go
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband & I travelled in late night from Missouri due to my father having surgery the next day. We were exhausted & just wanted to shower & go to bed. When we walked in the room right away I knew this place was not going to be comfortable. The carpet looked as if it hasn't been swept in weeks, roach on the wall next to the bed, blood in the bathroom on floor & in tub, mold in bottom of tub, & the smell was horrible!! Unless u absolutely do not have the money to stay somewhere else I say stay away from this motel!! We were there an hour & just couldn't do it!! We paid more for another motel but well worth it to feel safe & clean!! :)

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Horrible! Dirty! Nasty! There was blood all over the bed! I'm not talking old stains, this was a lot of fresh blood on the covers and mattress. Smelled horrible of cigarette smoke even though it was a non smoking hotel. There were holes in the walls that were above the beds n were pretty creepy! The staff was ghetto, dirty and unprofessional. Looks like there haven't been any updates to the room since 1985! The bed was so uncomfortable I would have slept on the floor but it was full of stains! Please just don't stay at this hell hole trying to save $10 like my family did! I wouldn't stay there again if it was free!

• Stayed May 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This is possibly the nastiest place I have ever stayed in! When we arrived the place didn't seem so bad but when asked about the parking areas the man working exclaimed there had been quite a few break ins on one side of the property. After arriving in the room we had to spray it with any and every perfume I owned due to the smell of animal urine. The beds are stained and the shower had wads of hair from people who had previously stayed there! Yes this is a cheap place but I recommend spending the extra $15 to save yourself from a night of complaining!

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Value Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!