“CLEAN, FAIR PRICE, CONVENIENT” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Salina
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   635 W. Diamond Drive, Salina, KS 67401   |
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Salina
St. Augustine, FL
“CLEAN, FAIR PRICE, CONVENIENT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The night before we doubled our budget - spent $100 - and had huge fluffy pillows, beautiful, soft bedding, lovely breakfast. We knew we couldn't spend that much so shopped around at the Salina, KS exit; Motel 6 offered the best price - approx $50. (And why are the prices quoted on the signs for ONE person...seriously!) The room was very clean - that was most important. The beds were ok - the sheets were so thin we could see the mattress pad through them. The pillows weren't flat, but just ok. The towels were extremely thin and rough. The water pressure was AMAZING so the shower was like needles - but it was better than low pressure. They offered coffee and donuts in the office for breakfast, but since there was an IHOP next door, we treated ourselves.

Room Tip: We didn't have problem with noise - lots of tractor trailers parked on the office-side of the bu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've stayed at the Motel 6 in Salina for several years, and I've never been disappointed. Brian is one of the friendliest desk clerks I've encountered, and if there has been a problem, it has always been solved. Inside and out, it is very clean and the housekeeping staff members are friendly as well. I love the vacant lot on the west side as my dog has room to run after being in a car all day. When the ice machine broke, the office provided bagged ice. I wish Wifi would be free, but that seems to be a policy that varies from one hotel to another. The outside appearance is very clean. I do wish they would have the pool open longer as Kansas is VERY hot. I've been there in May and September when it has been closed. It would be nice to have a pool!

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for the west side as that is where a dog walking area is located.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

At least it didn't smell. After three nights of terrible motel 6 experiences in other cities on our roadtrip, this was a welcome relief. I know you shouldn't do comparison reviews, but at this point we were genuinely happy for a room that didn't smell of smoke and internet that worked.

The room was fine, a typical motel 6 room. It was clean, good working air con, lots of channels on the TV. The motel is part of a huge truck stop off I-70 in Salina so I was expecting to be woken up all night due to the traffic, but we slept fine. One bonus of being in a truck stop was 24 hour restaurants (an i-hop across the parking lot where you get 10% off by showing your room key was perfect for breakfast) Also, as a rather small motel, it felt very secure.

If I was ever driving through Kansas again I would definitely stop here, nothing to complain about.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Massapequa, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Room #125 had a lock that didn't work. Had to change rooms. They didn't provide enough towels for 2 people. When I asked for 1 more towel, I was told I had to get a towel from an unoccupied room. The room was clean, yet this place was a DUMP. No good places to dine. Will never stay at this place again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a quick night on a cross country trip and the only requirement was a clean and comfortable bed and a good shower. Both of those requirements were met but that was about it. The room was clean and the beds were about average comfort. The lock on the door was a problem and the manager said they were having problems with the locks working. You could shut the door but when you opened it there were times it took several minutes of juggling to get it to lock. This was just a quick overnight stop so I wasn't too concerned. The one problem was the $2.99 WIFI which was useless. Dial-up would have been almost as fast. I gave up trying to use it. I don't think I would subject a family to this property but for adults needing little more than a bed and a hot shower....it will do.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you look at my ratings chart, you’ll see that I don’t rate everything a 4 or 5 – I rate objectively. Motel 6 can’t hold up against more upscale hotels, so I can’t give it a 4 or 5, but then again, the upscale hotels charge way more than $36 a night, and can’t always match the Motel 6’s value. The one thing this Motel 6 has that’s a standout is their service – particularly the front desk clerk, Sonia. She’s friendly, professional, and responsive to requests. I wish the wi-fi was free (modest $3 charge), but other than that, I enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have slightly less highway noise, but if you have pets, you might want an even nu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We were exhausted and this motel was the last available in the area. We checked in and immediately went to the room. I opened the door and the room smelled bad. When we checked the bed it looked like someone just slept in it. The sheets did not appear to be clean. The comforter had burn marks and some unknown stains. We left and got a refund. The front desk was cordial but did not act surprised.

Stayed June 2013

Been to Motel 6 Salina? Share your experiences!