“Felt like home!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Salina
Montclair
“Felt like home!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Very homey feeling. Rooms were clean and quiet. Small fitness room, but machines worked well. We did laundry and the staff was very helpful in giving me change. Breakfast was awesome! They consistently refill everything. My boyfriend cant stop talking about their sausages, lol. You should stay here!

Stayed July 2014
Nate M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salina, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Jayne,

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I do apologize about the chlorine smell and internet being down when you did stay with us. We ended up switching providers to provide a better experience for our guest! We are working on a solution for our pool to better meet the needs of our guest and to provide a safer environment as well. Overall I am pleased to hear you were able to get a good nights rest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a reliable option if you have to spend a night in Salina, which is not the most exciting place in the world. Rooms are nice and clean. Front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast crew seemed frazzled and were not very cheerful, but the food selections were pretty good, with oatmeal, waffles, eggs, cereal, breads, fruit, and yogurt.
.Chlorine smell from the pool was a little strong in the hallway, and Internet was down when we were there. Afternoon cookies are a nice touch if you get there in time. Overall a good place to rest and rejuvenate when on the road.

Room Tip: If you can swing an upgrade to a suite, they are very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Nate M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salina, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Trish,

I am glad you mostly enjoyed your stay here with us at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson in Salina Kansas. I can reassure you that we are working on the issues you have brought to my attention as well as the Guest Service Managers attention. We have discussed the issues that need to change and are working to make that happen! We hope to see you again! Have a fun and safe summer!

colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I stayed here for the night during a road trip. Overall, the amenities were average. The room rate matched what we received (with the exception of the breakfast), but I would not say it was a great rate. The lobby is nice and homey and the rooms are clean. The hotel was recently renovated and it was nicely done. The beds were pretty comfortable which is very important for me because of my arthritis. I would rate the beds slightly better than average. The pool was nice, but had to many chemicals. The chemical smell was very strong and it was the first thing we noticed when we walked into the lobby. The major drawback of this hotel is that it appears to be understaffed. We had a hard time getting responses to calls and the breakfast attendant could not keep up with the needs of the guests. We went down to breakfast at 8 am. The food was sparsely stocked and trash needed to be taken out. I received an e-mail from the GM after filling out a survey. The e-mail was apologetic and said they are trying to address the staffing issues. I was impressed with how quickly she responded and the way she addressed our concerns. Overall, I will probably stay here again if I get a good rate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Trish,

I am glad you were able to sleep on our beds. I know with arthritis it can be very hard to get comfortable on different bed types. Sidney is a great addition to our hotel and I am glad she was able to address the issues very quickly. I can also reassure you that the team in Salina, KS is working very hard to make sure that we don't continue to have the same issues.

We thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction review.

Craig, CO.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Hotel was completely booked, but staff were still very accommodating with our late reservation. Room was clean and WiFi worked well. Breakfast was okay. Business center was a little lacking (it was just a corner in the lobby) but I was still able to take care of everything I needed to do. Staff happily handled some faxes for me. People make the difference in a hotel stay, and this location has excellent staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nate M, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salina, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Craig,

I am glad we were able to accommodate you! Sidney our Front Desk Manager is working on improving the guest business center so hopefully next time you stay with us it will be more efficient for you, though I am glad to hear that she was able to help during your stay. Our staff is here to make your stay more enjoyable and I am that they were helpful! If you ever need anything please let myself or Sidney know how we can make your stay more enjoyable! We hope to see you next time!
Julian, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel! They were having computer problems when we arrived, but that did not seem to slow down our check-in. Our room was very nice and clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: We had dinner a few blocks down the road at Hog Wild BBQ - EXCELLENT!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Nate M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salina, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am pleased to hear that we were still very efficient and were up to your satisfaction when we were experiencing problems. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Nice staff good hotel, spacious bedroom king bed but the sofacama area was super hot they have a kind of fan to extract air from the king room to the other room but the noise was crazy.

Not too happy with the stay have been on better hotels

Maybe the rooms in the first floor are better

Stayed May 2014
Nate M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salina, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Not a bad stay. The room was very comfortable, spacious bathroom and quiet area. Nothing out of the ordinary. Housekeeping kept it very clean. I wished the tv was HD. The staff was very friendly. The fitness room was average it didn't have any free weights and the pool looked like it needed to be attended, it was a little too green. The breakfast selections was not very good. Waffles and oatmeal were the best choices.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nate M, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salina, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dennis, thank you for taking the time to post an online review and sharing your overall guest experience about your Comfortable stay at the Country Inn & Suites Salina hotel. We take comments as yours seriously in an effort to improve our overall quality and guest experience!

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Salina? Share your experiences!