“Awesome food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Wichita, Kansas
“Awesome food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Really good food every time I go there! Always very busy, so the wait staff are pretty challenged, but they do a good job.

Visited November 2012

Northborough, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Thanks Tripadvisor, another great Restaurant!!!

Everything about this restaurant was excellent, the food, the service and the price. Much better than any chain Mexican Food Restaurant. Fresh ingredients and well prepared food.
I would have liked it a bit spicier, but it tasted great any ways.

Next time we drive through Salina we will be back

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Junction City, Kansas
“BEST IN TOWN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I have been to Cotija's at least ten times this past year. If I had to rate each visit individually, I would give all of them 4-5 stars.

FOOD: 5/5
Cotija's makes a good first impression by offering you not one, not two, but at least THREE bowls of salsa. There is a warm (to the touch) mild salsa, a cool, mild salsa and my absolute favorite, something that I haven't seen at any other Mexican restaurant I've been to: A cool, green, sweet and spicy salsa. If they sold this salsa in bottles, I would buy it by the bottle!

Moving on to the entrees, I have tried a good handful of them and I don't think I've had a single one I didn't like. You want Mexican for brunch? No problem as they have a Machaca Plato with eggs, meat and peppers along with rice, beans, salad and tortillas.
Speaking of tortillas, you always get a choice of flour or corn tortillas with your orders.
Anything off the beef menu was excellent, especially if it had a Mexican word in the name of the entree.

SERVICE: 4/5
It depends on the waiter or waitress, but in general the staff have always been attentive, refilling glasses, bringing more salsa or your to-go box.

ATMOSPHERE: 5/5
Lunch on Sunday always has a decent crowd but the interior is spacious enough that you can have a good conversation with whoever is sitting across from you. Spanish music plays in the background, enough to create an atmosphere but not too loud to be a nuisance. There are booths and also tables that can be put together for large crowds.

VALUE: 5/5
First of all, the three salsas (two mild, one hot) they start you with are free of charge, even if you ask for more.
Although I have almost exclusively eaten off the Beef and Specialty menus, there are some combination plates to be had for cheaper.
But even the Beef and Specialty menu items are a good value as there will be enough food that it will serve as both lunch and dinner.
To further illustrate the value, today my wife and I had two entrees, white queso dip, two sodas (w/ free refills) and the total came out to about $30 including a generous tip.

OVERALL: 5/5
As someone who grew up in Arizona, I am constantly on the lookout for good Mexican food. Believe me when I tell you that this is the best in town.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri
“Second visit in two years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We will never be able to pass through Salina without visiting this fine family owned Mexican restaurant. The service great, food fantastic, and prices very reasonable. Don't miss it if you are in Salina

Visited October 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Salina, Kansas
“First timer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I went there on a whim because we wanted something different. Very good food, service was good, and servings were more than enough! Will definitely go back!

Visited September 2012