“Nice Stopping Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Salina
Salem, Oregon
“Nice Stopping Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Nice, clean, restful stop on a long trip from Tampa, FL to Portland, OR driving a 14 foot Uhaul with my sister. Very nice staff, very good value. The breakfast saves time and money on a long trip, which we needed!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you so much for giving us a wonderful review. The staff and I strive on providing great customer service as well as a clean room for all our guests. I remember you and your 14 foot U-Haul and am so glad that everything was great during your stay. If you are ever back through, come by and stay the night with us again, we'd love to see you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pretty Prairie, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed two different times during the same week. I found both nights to be very good. The hotel is clean. The breakfast is what I would expect from any Comfort Suites. Most of the well-known eating and shopping stores are within a mile of the hotel and access to the hotel is convenient. The only thing to consider is that there are a few rooms which face the interstate highway so if you're a light sleeper you might want to ask for another part of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, request a room that does not face the interstate highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
The staff and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your experience. We strive on providing our guests a clean and welcoming atmosphere. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you soon.
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and try and stay in a Comfort Inn and Suites whenever possible. The Salina Comfort Suites was one of the best I have stayed in. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, and staff was friendly and helpful, particularly Sharon, the afternoon clerk and Elizabeth, the night clerk. Excellent value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. I'm glad to read that you had a wonderful experience and that my front desk clerks treated you great. I will share your comments with the staff as they all enjoy hearing about how our guests feel. Again, thank you for your review and we will see you the next time you are in Salina.
Bella Vista, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a very nice, clean hotel. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable. the heat was controlled by a real wall thermostat, not just the unit under the window. Hot water in the shower. the breakfast was bacon and scrambled eggs, waffles, etc. Good coffee. The night manager, Shelly, was awesome. It was a quick one night stay on a journey, but we will stay there again

Room Tip: This is a good place to stay off I135, just South of Salina, KS.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
JTerry0528,

Thank you taking the time to write a review regarding your stay and giving rating our hotel 5 out of 5. I also appreciate the kind words you had to say about me personally. My staff and I want to give the best customer service and am glad that you experienced just that. Again, thank you for your review and kind words and I look forward to you coming back and staying with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is wonderful and day time staff is amazing! Night clerk not so much. Could be more friendly and helpful. But I have stayed here a few times passing through and will continue to come back regardless of that one night staffer.

• Stayed April 2014
thebudsmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and giving us a 5 out of 5 rating. I'm sorry to hear that the night clerk is not providing the customer service that the day staff is providing. If you stay here often, you will see that changes have been made and hopefully you will not experience that again as I expect all my staff to give great customer service. I truly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your next stay.
Boston, Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise in everyway. Room size excellent, awesome mattress and comforter, breakfast like Mom's, granite in bathroom and breakfast area. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Excellent value.

• Stayed April 2014
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Birdo24,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your experience while staying at Comfort Suites and want to say thank you for writing a review in regards to your stay. I will be sharing your review with my staff as we try very hard to make sure all of our guests' feel welcome and comfortable. I've never had anyone state that the breakfast "was like mom's" but we do feel our breakfast is an excellent value with the rate. Again, thank you for the kind words and the next time you are in the area, be sure to stop in for the night.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The staff helped make the weekend with family unforgettable. They went above and beyond. We got great advice for restaurants and entertainment, great service, great breakfast. Everyone there was amazing! Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2014
Michelle,

I truly appreciate you taking time out of your day to write a comment on Trip Advisor regarding your stay. I will be sharing your comments to my staff as they all like to know that our guests had a great experience while staying with us. We try our best to give excellent customer service as that is what the hospitality industry is all about. Again, thank you for your kind words and we will see you the next time you are in Salina for an overnight stay!

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!