“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Salina
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is wonderful and day time staff is amazing! Night clerk not so much. Could be more friendly and helpful. But I have stayed here a few times passing through and will continue to come back regardless of that one night staffer.

• Stayed April 2014
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
thebudsmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and giving us a 5 out of 5 rating. I'm sorry to hear that the night clerk is not providing the customer service that the day staff is providing. If you stay here often, you will see that changes have been made and hopefully you will not experience that again as I expect all my staff to give great customer service. I truly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Boston, Ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise in everyway. Room size excellent, awesome mattress and comforter, breakfast like Mom's, granite in bathroom and breakfast area. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Excellent value.

• Stayed April 2014
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Birdo24,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your experience while staying at Comfort Suites and want to say thank you for writing a review in regards to your stay. I will be sharing your review with my staff as we try very hard to make sure all of our guests' feel welcome and comfortable. I've never had anyone state that the breakfast "was like mom's" but we do feel our breakfast is an excellent value with the rate. Again, thank you for the kind words and the next time you are in the area, be sure to stop in for the night.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The staff helped make the weekend with family unforgettable. They went above and beyond. We got great advice for restaurants and entertainment, great service, great breakfast. Everyone there was amazing! Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed March 2014
Michelle,

I truly appreciate you taking time out of your day to write a comment on Trip Advisor regarding your stay. I will be sharing your comments to my staff as they all like to know that our guests had a great experience while staying with us. We try our best to give excellent customer service as that is what the hospitality industry is all about. Again, thank you for your kind words and we will see you the next time you are in Salina for an overnight stay!
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We are Choice Privileges members and usually enjoy Comfort Inn and Suites. We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a larger room. However, we asked to be in a room that would be quieter and not have people clunking around all night. There was a basketball team above us and we were woke up at 12, 1, and 2 am! Night management needs to do some noise policing. The pool and breakfast were great. The employees need to do their smoking somewhere other than the front door for us to walk through...

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Tippymsw1,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your experience even though you had some problems. During your stay, we had 3 basketball teams in the hotel so I'm sure there was some noise and I'm very sorry that it interrupted your sleep. I'm not sure if you called down to the front desk to report it but I'm sure my night clerk would have addressed the situation if they were made aware of it. As far as the employee's smoking out front, the front desk clerk is allowed to be out there, but I will let them know that they need to be away from the front door more so that the guests' are not having to walk through the smoke. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and pool as most of our guests appreciate the warmth of the pool and the variety we offer at breakfast. Again, I'm very sorry about some of the experiences you had to deal with and I hope those issues won't deter you from staying with us again.
Morden, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The room was VERY comfortable. We had the best sleep of our whole trip as the bed was perfect, extra pillows. Room had a nice sitting area. The assist. manager was a real jump to the pump person, very efficient & multitasking, very welcoming. We found a couple of stains on the carpet & the manager came immediately to clean them. It was a pleasure to have a shower and dry off with the super soft towels. At breakfast the next morning, the manager was back helping serve breakfast. She offered to make waffles for me. The breakfast was great with a nice selection of fruit. We would go back to this hotel. We didn't need children's activities.

Room Tip: Good value for a very nice room. We paid about $138 with tax. Close to the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Alice,

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor regarding your experience at Comfort Suites. I will be sharing your kind words to my Assistant Manager as he appreciates as well as myself hearing that you had a wonderful stay. I remember coming to your room and cleaning the black shoe polish off the floor as I was shocked that it actually came up. As far as the bedding goes, we never have very many complaints regarding the beds as they are double pillow-top mattresses. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and when you are back in Salina, be sure to stop by and say hello if not spend the night with us!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My wife and I were particularly impressed with the hotel manager. She had three girls' college basketball teams in the hotel (3-16-14), a sold-out night. Her big challenge was feeding breakfast to all of those hungry girls, their advisors and coaches She told us she got two hours sleep that night and was back at work at 7 AM to guarantee all of her hungry guests were well fed. I also saw her cleaning tables and chairs; she was willing to do whatever work was needed. It looked to me like she had one helper. Comfort Suites has a big winner in its Salina manager!
Our room was also clean as a pin and very comfortable. A very pleasant experience.
Frank T

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Frank,

I want to personally say thank you for writing a review regarding your stay and the nice things you had to say about me personally. The staff and I all like to know that our guests had a wonderful experience while staying at Comfort Suites. I remember who you are and enjoyed visiting with you. I will share your review with my staff as my housekeeping staff enjoys knowing that they are doing a good job in cleaning the rooms. Again, thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Salina.
Oskaloosa, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed 3 evenings. Room always very clean when returning in early evening. Breakfast attendant very friendly. Hotel manager very accommodating on a issue. Had some concern on a evening clerk over a check out date issue - did not seem too friendly in handling the issue. She proved me wrong - called my room and explained her problem and advised she even called the hotel manager on how to fix the problem. Instructed me on what to do the next morning in the check out process.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Darrell,

Thank you for taking the time to give a review regarding Comfort Suites. I'm glad to hear that my front desk clerk handled your situation as we try to have wonderful customer service at this hotel. Also, thank you for the kind words regarding me on how I accommodating I was with the issue. It's always nice to hear how our guests feel regarding their stay. Again, I appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Salina.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!