“A bit off I-70” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 27 hotels in Salina
Colorado Springs
“A bit off I-70”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stopped here on our way from Arkansas. It is about 5 miles south of I-70 off I-135. It was easy to find. The check-in clerk was very friendly and helped me find a yarn shop. She even printed out the directions from the hotel to the shop. Our room was nice. It included a refrigerator, microwave and a sofa and chair in the "suite" area.
Our only disappointment was that there was no meat for breakfast. There were scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy as well as other breakfast items we have come to expect at a Comfort Inn or Comfort Suites. We were surprised that there was not meat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Shelman,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review regarding Comfort Suites and rating us a "4" out of a possible "5". It's always nice to know that my front desk staff is willing to help our guests as customer service is a top priority at my hotel. As far as not having a meat during breakfast, the sausage in the gravy is what counts for the meat for that day per Choice's standards. I appreciate your comments and can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again very soon!

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Centennial, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stopped here on the return leg of a cross country trip from Denver to Hartford, CT. Good place to stay for a quiet night's rest. Good breakfast. Friendly staff. A bit off my I-80 course but worthwhile.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
HPSIII,

I want to say thank you for taking the time to go onto Trip Advisor and rate our hotel overall with 4 stars. I’m glad you enjoyed the hospitality of my employees as well as the wonderful breakfast we provide daily. We are a bit off of I-80, but I’m grateful to know that your extra miles were worth it. Again, thank you for your kind words and the next time you come to Salina, be sure to come stay with us!!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stopped here while on a cross-country driving trip. Friendly staff, convenient location. The room (king bed suite) was quite spacious, clean and quiet. Good breakfast, better than most. Rate (booked online) was very reasonable. Convenient to many restaurants and stores near I-135.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
RobtC,

Thank you for taking the time to go onto Trip Advisor and giving us an overall rating of 4. I’m glad you enjoyed your king room as well as the breakfast. We want our guests to have a great experience while staying with us and it sounds as if you did. Thanks again and we will see you the next time you are in Salina.
Wellsville, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The main reason for this poor review is that although this hotel looks nice, from the outside at least, there has been precious little basic maintenance done since it has opened, from failing to maintain the showers such as broken shower shelves that have never been replaced though broken since shortly after they opened to torn furniture to gauges in the walls. I can get that kind of maintenance in a hotel at half the cost. This is sad for a hotel only a few years old. I fully expect it to be sold shortly and change to a much cheaper franchise. This is very sad.

Room Tip: If more than one person is staying in a king room the one on the side near the window had better be...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Shelley D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Andy,

I want to apologize for our maintenance issues that we are having at this time. The maintenance department is aware of these problems and is working on correcting them. I hope this will not deter you from staying at our hotel as we want all our guests to be have a great stay. Again, I'm very sorry for the maintenance issues you experienced during your stay and hope that you will give us a chance on your next stay to prove that we are determined to give our guests a great experience.
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stopped here going and returning from a quick trip to South Dakota. Hotel looked great from the highway and even better in person. The young woman who checked us in, Leia, on Wednesday night was so helpful and friendly. Imagine my delight when we arrived Saturday night and she remembered us...remembered what room we had on Wednesday and the comment I had made about the room number being my home room # in high school...I was blown away. She was so friendly...a true asset to this hotel.
Our room was clean and comfortable. The Comfort Suites in Salina is a little gem on I135.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mdenning1951,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding our hotel on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments regarding Leia and the hotel to her as well as the other staff. I know that it gives all the employees a boost when they hear that our guests have had a great experience at our hotel. Again, thank you for your kind words and we will see you the next time you are in Salina!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I can't think of one way to improve our stay. Fast, efficient check in, very clean, attractive, comfortable room, and a very nice breakfast. Even the location was easy to find. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Gzilla04,

I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to address our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm glad to know that from check in to breakfast, your experience was great. The staff strives to provide excellent customer service for every guest and I'm sure the staff will enjoy hearing what you had to say. Again, thank you for the feedback and we will see you the next time your in Salina.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay here since it had good reviews and was a good location. Front desk person was extremely friendly. Hotel looked nice Until.......

We went to our room. It was a very large beautiful room however when going into the bathroom it smelled sour. It had a cloth shower curtain that needed to be washed. Upon pulling back the covers on not just one bed but both beds there was long hair all over both beds sheets. It was disgusting. Not just one hair but multiple hairs. On the floor there was a luggage tag like the kind they put on at the airport that had fallen off.

To me it looked like the cleaning people just remade the bed and did not change the sheets or really clean the room

I went to the front desk to get another room but they were all booked. The lady at the front desk was very apologetic and called another hotel to get us a room at the same rate.

We decided to stay at the holiday inn express which was excellent.

To bad the cleaners did not do their job because it was really a nice hotel if not for that.

• Stayed September 2013
Reginasue,

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience at my hotel. I understand why you would want a different room and am very grateful that my front desk was able to locate you a room outside of our hotel since we were sold out. I will be visiting and retraining my housekeeping staff as this is not our norm. We pride ourselves regarding the quality, cleanliness and customer service that we provide to our guests. Again, I'm sorry that you didn't receive the cleanliness aspect. I hope the next time you are in Salina; you would give us another try so that we can give you a great experience versus your last stay.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!