“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Salina
Lakewood, Colorado
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This was our third time to stay at this location. It has always been quiet, clean and comfortable. The staff is usually friendly.

The pool is not huge but big enough for our family to enjoy after a long day of driving.

Breakfast is typical 'continental style' and it has some hot items: waffles, sausage links, biscuits and gravy were on the menu today.

We had the shower-only room which is ok but as other review noted, poor design makes it flood the bathroom floor. I chewed out my son for getting water all over the floor. He then showed me that it wasn't his fault as the shower curtain goes outside the shower area... Other than that, no issues.

Room Tip: East side rooms are away from the interstate.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portage, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Sleep Inn and Suites is clean, comfortable and I would recommend to anyone traveling or on business. Guest laundry is very good, room had comfortable chair for relaxing and also for working at desk. We didn't do the hotel breakfast but it was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Quincy, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was on a trip to take my mother to her brother's funeral in Denver. I wanted reservations for Friday night, June 7th and I wanted a Sleep Inn so Mom wouldn't have to step in and out of a tub. I called and told them I stayed two nights to get the third night free, as per the promotion. She said that meant I had 8000 points and many Sleep Inns give a free room at 8000 but, sadly, this place needed 10,000 points for a free room. I explained the trip and asked how close they were to I-70 and she told me "just down I-135 a little bit". Coming home I took the I-135 exit and my Garmin told me "7 miles". So basically, I went 14 miles out of my way to get there. I tried to check in and that took over 15 minutes. Finally got to Mom's room and it just REEKED of burnt popcorn. I took the microwave back to the front desk. Hotel was full so no other rooms. The next morning there was no hot water. I could go on but you get the picture. And it had a tub to instead of shower anyway!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We have stayed here multiple times. We like it better than other place we've stayed near Salina. It's out in the country a bit on the SW side of Salina just off I-135.

We stayed in a shower-only room which we prefer. It was a large shower stall but there was no soap dish in the shower stall area and they had a tub-style shower curtain holder that curved outside the shower stall floor so the only way to keep the water in the stall was to aim the shower head toward the shower side wall... which I didn't :-)

The desk clerk acknowledged my comments but did not seem the least apologetic or concerned about the issues.

We though the breakfast options were fairly limited. Just some oranges for fruit. They did have biscuits and gravy and sausages and hard boiled eggs but the waffle maker was out of order.

The room was clean and the beds comfortable.
The problems won't keep us from continuing to stay here.
Salina is conveniently located for our stopovers and is the best option we know of.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We've chosen to stay here a number of times and haven't been disappointed. This time (May 27), it fulfilled our needs but for the little things. A coffee maker in the room but no coffee. WiFi but signal strength too weak for our iPad. Air conditioner with a temperamental temperature control-- either too hot or too cold, or so we thought. We won't generalize from that. Could have been us --that Kansas wind can do that to ya.

Room Tip: Choose east side -- away from interstate and afternoon sun.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here as we moved cross country and needed a hotel that would accept our pets. The bathroom had a slight smell of mildew, the towel bar was broken, and the air conditioner barely worked. The front desk clerks were friendly but it was their first night and were not trained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here several times over the last few years. Its always a great price for a Sleep Inn as its right on the southern edge of Salina. Doesn't matter though as this means its fairly quiet and as you will have probably driven there is no issue to drive a little way back into town to the restaurants. The check in staff were friendly and efficient.

We chose a king suite which was very spacious although the bed was a little near the air con unit under the window which made it a little hazardous at night!

The bed was nice and comfy but it was still a blanket and sheet rather than like in the newer Sleep Inn where they have thin duvets. The shower seemed to have a mind of its own but it was powerful - although the design meant it was quite easy to create puddles on the bathroom floor.

There are a few things that I have noticed now the motel is getting older like cracked tiles, peeling paint and the hoovering could have been a little more thorough.

The internet was good, didn't have time for breakfast or the pool. Staff were very friendly at check out too.

Would still stay here again but they need to keep an eye on things.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!