“Great for a quick overnight on the road.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Salina
Tulsa, OK
“Great for a quick overnight on the road.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stopped overnight after a late start from home on our way to Denver. As mentioned in other reviews, it is on the outskirts of town and there is a strange configuration in regards to locating the bed so close to the wall, but it served its purpose for us. Clean, comfortable room. Pet friendly with no extra charge. Quick continental breakfast in the morning and we were on our way. For the price, I was extremely pleased. I hadn't stayed at this chain before, but would stay again for the price. I would recommend for someone on the road who doesn't want to spend a lot of $$ for just a room to sleep, but wants to be sure that it is a quality place to spend the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Sleep Inn. Seems only a few years old.. I travel through Salina on business several times a year and usualy end up staying on the north end of Salina. Glad I found this place. Staff was so friendly and helpful. Even helped me print off several maps to get to my destination.. I have a dog and this motel doesn't even charge a pet fee!! Rates were so reasonable considering what I paid when I stayed at the older hotels on the north end of town. Its located quietly off I-35 but close enough to town to get meals or supplies. Nice people, clean, new and pet friendly.. Great breakfast also!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Room was pretty nice, very comfy beds. The bathroom seemed updated, but there was black mold in the corner of the shower stall. Breakfast was below par, even for a continental breakfast. Very few choices, English muffin was so hard I could barely cut it with the flimsy plastic knife I was provided. One of our children had an accidental spill, and we informed the breakfast helper but she did not seem inclined to help. She just said okay and let us continue cleaning it up. She just stared at the breakfast patrons while hovering and occasionally spraying the waffle iron in between uses.

For the price we paid for this hotel, I would have expected a better breakfast. Off the beaten path as well, way on the south end of Salina. Next time I will try another place.

• Stayed September 2012
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a great little place for a stopover. Just what you need and at a low rate. True that it's all by itself but restaurants and gas stations are just the next exit up the road so it's no big deal. Better to drive to get food and leave all the noise and traffice over there. The continental breakfast is basic with cold foods only but it's just a start to get you on the road. The wi-fi was good and for the guests with pets there is a bowl in the lobby with dog treats. The room had a little fridge and microwave in it and the in-room coffee was good. All the areas seemed very clean and the front desk was friendly and quick. My only complaints are that the towels in the bathroom are stored on a rack above the toilet which has no lid - I wonder how many towels fall in... Also, we could never seem to get the room cool enough for our liking. It was cool but not cold even by the morning. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor - there's only one elevator and sometime you have to wait to go up or down...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The hotel is alone on the edge of town but a huge selection of shopping and did are just down the road. Desk receptionist friendly and helpful. They have good quest laundry faculties. Hotel is extremely pet friendly.
I enjoyed the stay. Decent priced.good nights rest.

• Stayed June 2012
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Well, except one night was a tornado-alley night :-)

Rooms are clean, beds are good, and a nice breakfast bar.
We stayed twice about 5 weeks apart (March & April 2012).

We always request a first-floor room and often get one.
For both of our stays here, we were given first-floor accessible rooms which
we like because they tend to be more spacious and have a large shower stall.

A decent point value too.

Would probably stay here every time we needed a stop near here.

Room Tip: We always request a first-floor room and often get one. The accessible rooms seem larger and have a...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
meridian, idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Hotel is nice for the price. Staff was very friendly. Ice machine on 1st and 2nd floor were broken, but fixed before the end of our stay. The first floor looks worn down, wet ceiling tiles and maintenance needed in the pool area. The pool was fine, we were in it every night. Our room was very clean, big bathroom, no complaints at all for the room. I would stay here again. It is a little ways out from all the food, mall, etc. You definately would need a car. They had a great free continental breakfast (waffles, muffins, juice).....worked great for us each morning. Our room came with a fridge and microwave, definately used them a lot.

Room Tip: Get a room on any floor other than 1st floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!