“A little dated, but a nice stay!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Magnuson Hotel Sabetha

Magnuson Hotel Sabetha
You added Magnuson Hotel Sabetha to your Saves list
Magnuson Hotel Sabetha
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1423 Acorn Road, P.O. Box 44, Sabetha, KS 66534 (Formerly Sabetha Country Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sabetha
Lawrence, KS
“A little dated, but a nice stay!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

We kept looking everywhere for a hotel/motel somewhere close to the border. We called places, we went to places. Finally we came to the Sabetha Country Inn. They only had one room left, with one bed, for four people.
We split it up so that my mom, and friend would sleep in the bed, and I slept on the cot. My dad slept on the recliner. It was a nice sleep for a cot.
Like I said in the title, it was a bit dated. But just fine for a one night stay.
They had a pool, but by the time we got there, it was too late to swim.
Getting up early the next morning to find a buffet breakfast style was great. They didn't have a lot to choose from, but it was fine since we were in a rush anyway.
I don't recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a top-notch stay, but for one night, it did just fine!

Room Tip: Book in advance!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

In 2010, we stayed here several times. We had been to Kansas for a little gaming. The rooms aren't bad...about the quality of a Days Inn. Desk people were always nice, despite we were always late, late check ins. The night before Easter, 2010..we checked in about 3AM, and asked if we could get an hour later checkout. We were told that was not possible. They certainly weren't full, so I didn't see it to be such a huge problem for the night gal. I wrote a letter that week to the manager, who apologized, due to the fact we stayed there often. He gave us a complimentary night..and we stayed two nights. We stopped there several times after that. This last weekend, it was a re-occurance of Easter eve 2010.(including the same night clerk) Problem being, there were two couples. We were told by the same lady, no way could we have an hour's late checkout. There were 6 cars at the motel at 1:30 in the morning. To me, $140.00 for two couples, vs a 1 hr. late checkout, is kind of a given, if I owned the place. We won't be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Wichita, KS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

I have stayed at the Country Inn a couple of times while in Sabetha on business. The Country Inn is a typical low-cost, no-frills hotel. It is very clean and the staff is friendly. The room was a bit musty. I think the fact that they leave the heat and air turned off when the room is not used contributes to the humidity and musty smell. One tip, take your own hair dryer!
This is a typical small town hotel. I find it to be a very acceptable place to stay for a short time. On my last stay, I couldn't locate a phone book or get the long distance in the room to work. Since there was no cell phone coverage for me, in Sabetha, the very nice man at the front desk offered me his cell phone. That's small town friendly!

• Liked — Clean, convenient and reasonably priced
  • Disliked — No hair dryer, no phone service or phone book.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Platte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2008

I had the experience of staying at the Country Inn when my Grandson graduated from High School. The rooms were very clean. Bath room was very clean. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would recommend this Motel to anyone. I have stayed in some motels that were not as nice and the rate was higher.

• Liked — The closness to family
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

I do alot of traveling around small towns of the midwest. This was a very nice place to stay. The help was friendly and accomodating. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Sabetha is a small welcoming town that I would definately be happy to return to.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
highlander
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2008

We too were concerned about this motel based upon the earlier reviews here but in the end we felt like those folks must have had an unusual experience or an axe to grind.

We were met by a friendly and cheerful staff that welcomed us with small town charm (this is not a chicago marriott). Our room was clean and fresh as were the linens.

I don't think this place is very old at all and seemed pretty fresh throughout.

The breakfast was good...the coffee was great!

• Stayed January 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sedalia, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

We stayed at the Country inn last weekend. We had no problems at all with the staff or accomodations.

I think the price is a bit high for what you are getting

Compared to the other motel in town, Country Inn is MUCH better.

I wish they had coffee pots in the rooms.

However I will stay here again when in that area.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Magnuson Hotel Sabetha? Share your experiences!