“Possibly the best value for your dollar in the country” 5 of 5 stars

You added Russell Inn to your Saves list
Russell Inn
901 South Fossil St, I-70 & US Highway 281, Exit 184, Russell, KS 67665   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Russell
“Possibly the best value for your dollar in the country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I travel all over the country for work, rarely staying in one place more then a day or two. When I did a motel search of western Kansas this place didn't even show up. I saw their sign on the interstate and decided to give them a try. I've stayed in some pretty cheap and lousy rooms over the years, so I was expecting a run-down little hole in the wall. Instead I arrived at a large motel with a beautiful and spacious lobby. The staff was polite and knowledgeable about my local needs. I found my room to be clean and comfortable both in appearance and odor. They have a pool and continental breakfast. And to think their national chain neighbors charge two or three times as much for the same quality. Amazing place for the money.

• Stayed September 2013

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Abilene, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed at the Russell Inn recently for four days while touring Kansas.
The motel, although older, is a good value but might not be for everyone.
The motel is showing its age. It could need a paint job and a spruce up. But, when you look at the size of the property, that would be very expensive!
I found the room to be fine for a four day stay. It suited my needs.
As a solo traveler, I liked that the rooms have a large desk and comfy chair in them. But that does not leave much room for another person to sit unfortunately.
Mattresses and pillows were nice. Slept well
It is worth the money.
Bring a 6 foot extension chord for your laptop as the power outlets are minimal.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Golden, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Have you ever done a whole day's cleaning, packing and hitting the highway later in the day than you planned and finding out how tired you are? Then you will understand that at a point all you want is a clean bed, a door that locks and a clean private bathroom. That is all I was looking for and I got that when I made an unplanned stop in Russell Kansas. The front desk was friendly and appreciated my need to crash making only one suggestion on where to eat nearby. In the morning they woke me up at 6 AM, per my request. It s a good budget place, perfect if all you want is a good night's sleep and not to have to pay a lot for that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The place waS old and needed MAJOR upgrades but the friendliness of the owner and his family certainly made up for it! The location was good and provided easy access to the freeway to continue my trip the following day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Kansas City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The staff was nice, but the rooms are not nice. We stayed only one night and then quickly moved to another hotel. The price was low - so if on a budget - it might be worth it, but it would have to be the last resort before I'd stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The manager of this place makes it what it is. Fantastic service! We called for service and had the manager in our room only five minutes later.

The place is super-clean and affordable, too. We'll be staying here next time we're in Russell...this weekend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place was laughably gross. Tattered curtains that didn't cover the windows, 20 year old paint, a toilet in which the seat had obviously been substituted from a different toilet. One towel was provided for the room. And the breakfast served was ho-hos and assorted items bought from walmart. I have some serious doubts about the veracity of other reviews here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Russell Inn? Share your experiences!