“Sour milk” 1 of 5 stars

901 South Fossil St, I-70 & US Highway 281, Exit 184, Russell, KS 67665   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Russell
“Sour milk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

This place is horrid no hot water no cable tv looked as if some one got shot in are room. to top it all off we go to there breakfast and it consist of junk food stale coffee and a broken toaster. I was leaning towards the ceral when i got the milk it was sour with chunks in it, but oh no it was just ice and was fine.......ok then went to have oj and i could have gotten a buzz off it. My friend threw a fit and left. Dont stay there pay the extra 15 bucks and go to super 8.

• Stayed December 2012

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pawnee, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stopped here on a long trip to Oklahoma from Colorado. After reading the good reviews I thought we would try it. My husband had also stayed here on a previous hunting trip and thought it was great. It was cheap but the room we got was definitely not remodeled like others had mentioned. It was old and had stains on the ceiling and very outdated decor. Gave me the creeps. Tons of flies in the room. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

This place had signs on the highway advertising $32, however the room ended up bein $58!!!! The place is across from a sfockyard, smells horrible. Rooms are ok, continental breakfast was bread honey buns and ho-hos. Also we had someone walk in our room at 8:25 am even though checkout was at 11.

• Stayed October 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at Russell Inn while traveling across United States. Russell Inn was my last stop prior to reaching CO.
Russell Inn is located about couple blocks away from HW 70 in the small town of Russell in KS. Russell Inn is very quiet is very clean with parquet wood flooring in the rooms. Continental breakfast is available in the dinning area in the morning.
When I arrived at the hotel to check in, I was welcomed by a courteous host. Employees were very cordial and nice.
The Singh family who owns Russell Inn, is very helpful and cheerful. The owners add their unique way to express hospitality and make their guests feeling part of the family.
I am grateful and thankful to have met such wonderful hosts.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious, quiet and clean. Russell Inn is located couple blocks away from HW 70, which mak...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This place is very average. If you ask me, an entire parking lot full of construction worker's trucks is a good sign. It means its quiet, comfortable enough, and cheap. The staff/owners are friendly and accommodating. Rooms are not perfect, but all the requirements are there and in working order. If you need a quick room for the night, this is a great option.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Russell Inn's room rate is very, very reasonable. Two adults in a double-queen room for two nights, $120. Can't beat that. Don't expect the Hilton here, but the room was clean, the beds were comfortable. Continental breakfast was exactly that, coffee, juice, pastries, toast and bagels. I was worried that with the extreme heat and since this is an older facility, our air-conditioner wouldn't keep the room cool enough. But indeed it did! We were on the first floor on the pool side and the room was very quiet. We didn't swim, but the pool looked clean too. As two women, we felt completely safe. I must say that our room wasn't serviced the second day, although we were promised it would be. I did get clean towels from the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground level, pool side. Also on the north end, you will be closer to parking...
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

After reading the reviews here we decided to try the Russell Inn. I always trust TA's advice but must say this time I was very disappointed. I had a reservation taken by a friendly woman who also greeted us upon arrival. She was helpful and nice. Our room was on the ground floor thankfully on the pool side. Upon entering I noticed a strong smell of air freshner which I felt was sprayed to cover up other odors. Everything appeared fairly clean at first glance but upon further review I found it not so much. There were many stains on the carpet, the bathroom ceiling needed to be replaced and the room overall needed updating. I know they are in the process of updating but our room hadn't been touched as yet. In the morning I noticed some blood stains on our sheets at the bottom which grossed me out. Above all I expect cleanliness but didn't feel like the Russell Inn delivered. The breakfast included some toast, bagels and cereal. On a positive note, the service was good and I think this motel has some potential to be a nice place. It was cheap and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Russell Inn? Share your experiences!