“Not bad...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Russell
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Not bad...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Russell Inn's room rate is very, very reasonable. Two adults in a double-queen room for two nights, $120. Can't beat that. Don't expect the Hilton here, but the room was clean, the beds were comfortable. Continental breakfast was exactly that, coffee, juice, pastries, toast and bagels. I was worried that with the extreme heat and since this is an older facility, our air-conditioner wouldn't keep the room cool enough. But indeed it did! We were on the first floor on the pool side and the room was very quiet. We didn't swim, but the pool looked clean too. As two women, we felt completely safe. I must say that our room wasn't serviced the second day, although we were promised it would be. I did get clean towels from the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ground level, pool side. Also on the north end, you will be closer to parking...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

After reading the reviews here we decided to try the Russell Inn. I always trust TA's advice but must say this time I was very disappointed. I had a reservation taken by a friendly woman who also greeted us upon arrival. She was helpful and nice. Our room was on the ground floor thankfully on the pool side. Upon entering I noticed a strong smell of air freshner which I felt was sprayed to cover up other odors. Everything appeared fairly clean at first glance but upon further review I found it not so much. There were many stains on the carpet, the bathroom ceiling needed to be replaced and the room overall needed updating. I know they are in the process of updating but our room hadn't been touched as yet. In the morning I noticed some blood stains on our sheets at the bottom which grossed me out. Above all I expect cleanliness but didn't feel like the Russell Inn delivered. The breakfast included some toast, bagels and cereal. On a positive note, the service was good and I think this motel has some potential to be a nice place. It was cheap and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Over the past year, I have stayed at the Russell Inn over a dozen times and have found each time to be a wonderful experience. The rooms are nice and clean, beds comfortable, and the price is right! The owners are wonderful and go above and beyond to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Everyone who works at the hotel is helpful and friendly and makes the experience even more enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. If you are traveling and need a nice, clean, and quiet place to get some rest, the Russell Inn is the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Our motel room did not look like what is pictured above. Our room was very outdated, including: the bedspread, entertainment center/tv, bathroom (which had the sink on the outside, in the same room as bed with toliet and tub/shower in own room..not to mention the shower curtain was a kids curtain covered in cartoon fish) Needless to say the whole room needed an update.

We stayed for a week and felt the room was very overpriced due to the room being outdated and the doors being on the outside of motel. We were also not impressed with the front desk as they were not friendly.

The only good thing to say about this motel is the cleaning staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Rogersville, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Generally we have found the reviews on tripadvisor "right on". However, we were very disappointed with the accommodations we found at the Russell Inn. So many little things were not up to standard in the room that, if this is the best motel in Russell, I would suggest staying in Hays or Salina. The sink was stained and the stopper was missing, the wall switches and surrounding walls were very dirty, the bottom sheet had old blood stains, and the breakfast was disappointing. At least we found shrink wrapped chocolate covered cake rolls a strange choice for breakfast! The bath towels were larger than a hand towel, but not by much, with a thread count a long way from "fluffy".

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Ive stayed in the Fairmont Hotel in San Fran - famous for its ritzy high class and customer service- but the Rusell Inn's staff is the sincerely nicest couple I have ever run across in my many nights of hotel stays. I will definitely be back. They are wonderful folks!!

• Stayed July 2012
Oakley, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our crew of 60 were fortunate to stay at Russell Inn. We have never had the awsome customer service at any other hotel. The service was beyond comprehension. They accomodated everyone and made them feel "welcome" at all times. The rooms were excellent, the service "perfect" and the owners and staff were so kind and friendly. The personal service can not be matched anywhere. I know we will return when we are in this area again.

Room Tip: The pool view is super!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Russell Inn? Share your experiences!