“My Dutch home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B 't Zaanse Koopmanshuis

B&B 't Zaanse Koopmanshuis
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koog aan de Zaan
B&B 't Zaanse Koopmanshuis
Lagedijk 52-54, Koog aan de Zaan 1541 KC, The Netherlands   |
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“My Dutch home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I enjoy this place so much, I will actually make the Netherlands my final destination on trips abroad so that I can stop here before returning to the U.S. The Snells are great hosts. They are also really accomplished people (e.g. Mrs. Snell wrote the book about Dutch culture that is given to new citizens, Mr. Snell plays bass). Listen to their recommendations on where to go. They will tell you about things your guidebook might not. The room is very comfy and is the closest I feel to home when abroad. It's very quiet and peaceful (more so than my actual home, sadly). Having one's own refrigerator and microwave is helpful too.

The upstairs room is at the top of one flight of steep winding steps, as this is an historic house. That's not a problem for me, but if you have great mobility problems, you should know this in advance. (You should also know that if you are using public transportation, you will have to arrive at a station that as far I as have been able to ascertain has no handicapped accessibility...but you should ask because maybe I'm missing something).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

3 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Business

Been to B&B 't Zaanse Koopmanshuis? Share your experiences!