“Less than ideal for business traveler's” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Pratt
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Less than ideal for business traveler's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Due to rain the night before, there were water leaks throughout the breakfast dining area....and even had some drip onto my just toasted English muffin - yuk! Room lighting was poor, so it makes me wonder what the hotel is attempting to disguise, and despite that the exterior appears relatively new, window treatments in the guest room were stained with who knows what.
On a positive note, the guest rooms are well-insulated - being a very light sleeper, I was not awakened by the guests from WI who were in Pratt to attend a baseball tournament.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pratt, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear R S,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the dining area and the room lighting. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
s.w. mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was my first time to stay in Pratt, KS. This HIE was excellent, easy to get to, restaurants and gasoline close by. Clean with the excellent services and facilities I expect from HIE.

I would add a comment about breakfast as did reviewer 'Madwolf' - NO GRAVY with my biscuits! First time I've stayed at a HIE in the heartland that didn't serve gravy with breakfast... So, maybe the breakfast folks could add some fruit for 'Madwolf' and some gravy for me???

I recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
threeatkins
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

For $163.00 for one night and the fact the hotel is advertised as smoke free we were certainly disappointed upon check-in. The hotel notes it was built in 2011 so we assumed we would be in a newer hotel without the problems of older hotels. Wrong. None of us in the traveling party slept well with the stinch of cigarettes in the room. Of course at 9:30 in the evening we did not have many other choices. In addition when you attempted to run bath water the shower would run also. Even though it was turned off. We stopped at this hotel as a hlaf way mark between Colorado and home. Needless to say we had a beautiful room at a 5 star resort in Colorado for $200.00 a night. Once we checked out and realized the total cost of this room we were really disappointed. I would not have paid more than $80 a night here if I had known the cleanliness and smell of the room. IF you stay here get a room on 4th floor. Floors and walls are thin and you here everything and everyone stomping around in the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pratt, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear threeatkins,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Pratt hotels

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Arrived late after long day of driving. Friendly reception, quality room. Comfy beds. Only down side avoid room 225, noisy elevator during the night. Also Bkft is little thin... Needs fruit! Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manitowish Waters, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at this Holiday Inn on May 14, 2013. The staff was extra friendly and made every effort to place us in a room of our choice. The room was neat and clean, the beds comfortable and very quiet. Highly recommend this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had reservations I had made online for this very busy weekend for Miss Kansas Pageant. I made reservations approx a month ago & as time got closer for us to go to Pratt, I called the hotel to confirm our reservations & was shocked when the clerk said we did not have our booked rooms. The clerk informed me that they were completely sold out & nothing in town was available.
I was very upset & asked to speak with managment. Manager called me back right away & apologized and was very embarassed at what had happened. She was very sincere & did an amazing job on getting us our promised rooms. Props to the General Manager at this hotel. Because of her, we will return back in July for our week getaway with our family in Pratt.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Koper, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Had a very nice suite at a great price. The staff was very nice and helpful. The hot tub was perfectly scorching, and the pool was always clean. One complaint is that the breakfast menu didn't vary enough. I felt at home during my entire three week stay and I was very surprised at the quality of this Holiday Inn. It has changed my antiquated opinion of Holiday Inn. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pratt? Share your experiences!