“Eh...not as nice as I'd hoped it would be.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Pratt
Minnesota
“Eh...not as nice as I'd hoped it would be.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a executive king suite online. After traveling all day arrived about 8 pm to find that type of room was not available. I thought that was the purpose of holding it with a credit card...to guarantee the room? The room type was the deciding factor in my booking at this hotel and not the neighboring property, but being exhausted, I was not going argue about it. Went to our room. I will say the room was clean and the bed was nice. Went down to use the fitness center, but honestly, the equipment was broken and subpar to say the least. Went back to the room to watch TV. Turns out I couldn't do that either. Looked for a TV channel guide in the room. Couldn't find one, so I called down to the front desk to ask if there is one in the room. He told me no, but he had one down there. "Was there a particular channel I was looking for?" If I was watching TV in the lobby that would be handy, but I was in my room. I suggested perhaps they may want to have them in the guest rooms. Turned on the TV and heard a persistent, annoying, buzzing, sound on every single channel. Turned the TV off, I couldn't take the sound. Went to bed. Based on the prior reviews I was expecting a relaxing stay and a little time to unwind, but what I ended up with was just a bed to sleep in for 8 hours and breakfast in the morning. Could do that almost anywhere.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Shelley S, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi LaNaye H,
I am really sorry for the problems you endured. I am also sorry someone told you there was no channel guides in the rooms, there is channel guides in all directories. I was trying to find your reservation, to see how this got changed and address the issues in the room yet I did not have your actually name or room number. If you could call me at the hotel # I would really appreciate it. And hopefully we can talk about the situation. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Silverthorne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Being a Choice privilege member and staying mostly within the Choice Hotels chain when travelling, I had heard that this was the #1 Platinum Comfort Suites in the land. On a cross country trip I went a little out of my way to see what made it special. What I found was a nice Comfort Suites.The room was clean and comfortable with everything you would expect. The desk clerk (Debby I believe) who promptly checked us in was friendly and recommended a good place for dinner.(Club d'est) At breakfast the next morning my wife and I being the only two in the room at the time received a nod from the hostess and later someone came out from behind the desk and said "Hello" as she walked by. I don't expect the staff to indulge in lengthy conversation but thought that a "Good Morning" or "How was your stay" or something of the like would have been appropriate. I'm by no means implying they were rude but just saying I would have expected a little friendlier atmosphere. All things being said it was nicer than most of the Comfort Suites we've stayed in but in my opinion there are several just as nice around the country and a few which to me are better. I would recommend it to others but not on the premises that it's anything special.. I guess my expectations of Choice Hotel ratings were not met.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

We travel between MN and AZ twice a year with a dog so finding clean, comfortable places to stay can be a challenge. This hotel is now one of our favorites. Not only is it modern,clean,comfortable itis pet friendly. That's all great but the staff is what makes it special. Let me tell you why. I made a mistake on the arrival date making the reservation online. I made it for the current date instead of a two days later. I noticed it the next and called to correct the date. I made a new reservation for the correct date but I had already been charged for the previous day as per the cancellation policy. The desk clerk said she would have the manager see what could be done. When we arrived there was a note for the clerk to call the manager at home. Since I had already paid for a night they didn't charge me for the current night. No fuss, no questions just great customer service. You can't beat being treated like as valued customer. We will go out of our way to stay there whenever we travel that route between homes.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Ruidoso, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

This place was great. Everybody was very nice...rooms are great, right off of Highway 54 very clean we stayed here twice both times were wonderful. Desk staff were great breakfast was great very convenient as far as being close to anything you might need or want. Will definitely stay again next time we visit our family in Iowa :)

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Shelley S, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Krysten B,

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to take our survey. We will pass this information on to the rest of the staff. We hope to see you again as you pass through to Iowa.

Hays, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

The room at the Comfort Suites was a nice size as I was traveling with my infant son who slept in a pack'n'play. I was a little put-off by the front desk staff. Upon check-in I was asked to verify my rate, I quickly noticed that it was different than the rate I had been quoted on the phone. I will admit I did call back after the initial reservation was made to see if a different room-type was available; it was, however the desk agent should've verified there would be a rate increase.
After the first night I noticed that one of the luggage carts was in the hallway outside the room next to ours; this tells me that the person that worked the night shift was doing the bare minimum and did not bother to make their rounds as assigned. My husband moved the luggage cart downstairs and left it directly in the middle of the lobby, where it stayed for almost 15 minutes until the breakfast attendant moved it to the breezeway. During this time I saw the now morning shift desk person help herself to coffee AND a bowl of cereal. I feel she should have taken more ownership of the lobby area and moved the luggage cart out of the way, instead of waiting for the breakfast attendant to move it.
I thought the housekeeping staff and breakfast attendant did a fine job during our stay in Pratt; however, I think the front desk staff needs some attention.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Shelley S, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Hannah E,

Thank you for taking the time to take our survey. I apologize that the night audit person did not meet you expectations. We do hope you will give us another chance next time you pass through.

Wichita
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

After traveling this summer and staying in different hotels , I wish we could take this hotel with us ! The staff was awesome , the rooms clean and oh so comfortable ! Breakfast was great and the kids loved the fresh popcorn from the old fashioned popcorn machine !

• Stayed July 2014
Shelley S, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Mommytokase,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad you and your kids enjoyed our hotel and the fresh popcorn. We will pass on your comments to our staff. We all appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.

Burlington, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We checked in on 7/25 on our way back home from New Mexico. The rooms are nice (nicely updated bathroom), but the young lady that checked us in was WAY below par. She may need a refresher course in customer service. Checking us in seemed to be an inconvenience or maybe she was upset that we interrupted her eating her brownies.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shelley S, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
MKVACA,

We apologize for how your were greeted at the front desk. That is absolutely not the norm and we thank you for bringing that to our attention. We will use this to help further train our front desk staff. We hope you enjoyed your stay other than that and glad the room was up to your standards. We do hope you visit again and get the warm greeting you deserve.

Shelley Shaw GM

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!