“GREAT VALUE...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lamplighter Inn & Suites

You added Lamplighter Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Lamplighter Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4020 Parkview Drive, Pittsburg, KS 66762 (Formerly Parkview Hotel)   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Pittsburg
Olathe, Kansas
“GREAT VALUE...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

And very clean. The location of the hotel was on the main street. The breakfast bar was great. The best part of my stay was the ease and convenient check in by the host Jon. I will recommend to anyone needing a place in Pittsburg.

Room Tip: we really like the inside room that we were given.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you had a wonderful stay. We have a great full breakfast with eggs, sausage, waffles and more! I am happy that Jon took such good care of you. We have the best staff to meet all your needs. Thank you for recommending us to everyone! I hope to see you soon and personally thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have stayed here in the past with wonderful service. But this time John who works the front desk went above and beyond getting us what we needed during a difficult time. We and our adult children and my elderly mother were needing last minute accommodations for a family funeral. With the weather I was concerned about mother going from room to room outside, John worked to have our rooms grouped together and interior. He made everything so easy for us and very understanding since I was a little rattled given the circumstance. We will always stay at your hotel, it has never been a dissapointment. Thanks again to John.
Kassey S.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that Jon took such great care of you and your family! We take pride in giving our customers the best possible service. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Hopefully, under better circumstances. Thank you again.
Howe, ok.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

i stay at the LAMPLIGHTER INN and SUITES often on business trips. i just have to say that my stay is always enjoyable. Nice clean rooms ,comfortable beds, and great cable tv service is always the norm at LAMPLIGHTER INN and SUITES. However, the service is always exceptional. the employees do everything they can to accomodate your stay and the desk clerks are fast and efficient. Tammy, a desk clerk, is always uplifting as she continually has a smile on her face and makes the best efforts to get u checked in quicklyand efficiently so u can get started on a restful stay. I highly recommend this place. 5 stars for service and cleanliness.

Room Tip: the back rooms are sometimes a little noisy from patrons who leave their diesel engines running.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I agree, we have a great staff! We try to meet all our customer's requests. I look forward to your next visit!
Stevensville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at the Lamplighter Inn & Suites on 1-22 and wanted to commend General Manager Patty Matson and her staff for their outstanding service. I was on business and neither hotel across the street---the Comfort Inn and Holiday Inn Express---had capacity. I was directed to the Lamplighter and, probably because I was tired from a long week, wasn't very optimistic. To my surprise, the hotel was clean, had friendly and helpjul employees, offered lots to do and even had a free guest dinner while I was there! I cover twenty-five states for a company in southwest KS and have NEVER, in twenty-five years, heard of this! The food was good and I got to meet some of your employees. The following morning, I got up early and did some work. I ran out of coffee and, after eating breakfast, asked for another bag of coffee for the room. Tammy couldn't find one, which was no big deal. But I was amazed when she had someone personally deliver a pot of warm coffee to my room. WOW!!! I've stayed in fancier hotels but, especially for the price, this was one of my favorites! I will definitely stay there again if my travels take me to Pittsburg again in the future. With so much negativity in the world...just thought you should get some GOOD news! Have a great day!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Manager P, General Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your kind words and praise regarding our staff and hotel. My staff and I do our best to make our guests welcome and have a pleasant stay. Guest Appreciation on Tuesdays give us a chance to do something special by serving dinner for our guest. We are remodeling and updating our sleeping and banquet rooms and they are looking fantastic. Please don't hesitate to contact me on your next trip to Pittsburg so that I can personally thank you.

Patty Matson
Emporia, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last couple of years and have never had a bad experience. They are currently remodeling the place which will make it an even better place to stay. There staff does a great job.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tammy W, Front Office Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very excited about the remodeling of our rooms. We hope you come back soon and stay in one of our remodeled rooms. Thank you for complementing our staff. We always try to give the best possible service to our customers! We hope to see you soon.
Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed at this motel many times. Each time a cleaning lady knocks once and then let's herself in. This happens before 9 am. I've complained to the front desk before and they just apologize for being interrupted. I stayed there last weekend and the same thing happened again! I went to call the front desk to complain but the phone was broken.

Other problems include...wallpaper peeling from the wall, a funky smell to the room and I was given a handicap room without being notified (the bed was so low to the ground). I don't think I will return again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tammy W, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered. I have reviewed your comments with our staff and I can assure you that the issues you experienced will be corrected. We are very focused on taking care of the customer and your comments will help us improve the areas that we are lacking service and quality in our hotel.
Thank you again for your comments. Please don’t hesitate to contact me on your next trip to Pittsburg so that I can apologize to you personally and thank you for bringing our short-comings to my attention so we can correct them.

Tammy Wilcox
Front Desk Manager
Lamplighter Inn and Suites, Pittsburg, KS
Liberty, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Lamplighter Inn and Suites during a visit to Pittsburg State University. As soon as we opened the door to the lobby, we were greeted with a strange odor; kind of like something musty that had been unsuccessfully cleaned. Once in our room, we had the same stench, only less overpowering, so we decided to stay.

In the bathroom, my daughter found a dead bug in the toilet paper. The floors were clean, but felt like there was a sticky, undiluted cleaner on the floor. My daughter's bed blankets had a number of cigarette burns. The sink had carve marks, like somebody had diced vegetables without using a cutting board. The rooms are outside entry for the most part; many faced the courtyard and pool area, and were very nice. Ours faced the parking lot, and I didn't really feel safe, especially when I realized that there was no curb right outside our door, and a car could easily have run into our room. I didn't sleep very well worrying about that.

We were almost impressed by the breakfast. Delicious biscuits and gravy, waffles, eggs and sausage were well done and well presented. Things were looking up until I poured a cup of coffee. As I poured creamer into my cup, a dead fly came out of the jug and into my cup.

The staff was very nice, and apologetic for all of the disgusting things we experienced. Still, it just wasn't worth it. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered. I apologize for the unpleasant odors you encountered. We are in the middle of renovating our meeting rooms and guest rooms. We hope to be completed in a few months. I have reviewed your comments about the bathroom issues with our staff and I can assure you that the issues you experienced will be corrected. We are very focused on taking care of the customer and your comments will help us improve the areas that we are lacking service and quality in our hotel.

Tammy Wilcox
Front desk manager
Lamplighter Inn and Suites, Pittsburg, KS

Been to Lamplighter Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!