“Stay AWAY from this place!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10750 Quivira Road, Overland Park, KS 66210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #29 of 39 hotels in Overland Park
Cypress, Texas
“Stay AWAY from this place!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We did not get the room we'd reserved and had to take a smaller room. The bathroom was tiny and had live bugs in it. The room itself offered a different variety of bug and was dirty - there was visible dust on surfaces and everything had a stale, unpleasant smell. The towels had hairs embedded in them. There were no supplies at all, no soap or kleenex. We never saw the breakfast food in the lobby so I'm not sure it existed. The halls smelled of old cooking odors. The rolling luggage cart was half broken and barely held together with duct tape. The air conditioner rattled and did little to stir the air which smelled like ramen noodles mixed with old cigarette smoke. This has to be the worst hotel in Overland Park.

Room Tip: Stay far away from this hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, July 3, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The conditions of the room that you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to my team and will be doing further training to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kco@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Aubrey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

1) Took three days to get towels (not replacements, towels period) - Try drying off with a washcloth for three days. When we asked for towels, there were never any available.
2) The room smelled like smoke because someone nearby was smoking in their room even though there are no smoking signs everywhere.
3) There was food in the fridge left over from a previous guest.
4) Management was never available; it was always their day off.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Viki - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very sorry that we were unable to provide you with replacement towels in a timely fashion and for the level of cleanliness in your room. In response, I am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our procedures to ensure these types of situations do not happen again in the future. As well, I am speaking with our Manager about the importance of attending to our guests needs.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kco@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had a great stay there. The location is particularly convenient, near the freeway and with grocery store nearby and, as we were concerned, very close to the Regional Medical Center. It has a fully equipped kitchen, flat screen tv and perfectly fonctionnal free wifi access. The staff was caring and efficiently helpful. We'd definitly recommend that hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Gilda - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, the amenities we had to offer and our caring, efficient staff.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

the room was dirty when I got there. When I asked if it could be cleaned I was told it wasn't cleaned until I left. My smoke detector battery died and started beeping at 2:30 and didn't get resolved until 3:30. I couldn't reach anyone in the hotel and finally had to call the 800 number to get anyone to help me. Plus the second floor smelled of rotting garbage the entire length of my stay. Do yourself a favor pay more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Front Desk was very rude upon check in stated she hate working Friday nights. The next day I had my door cracked open and could hear a HouseKeeper outside my room speaking about how she hated her job and using abusive language. That night I then came down to get towels and the over night person was speaking loudly saying the manager allows employees to live there so they should be working at night. I'm going to contact cooperate I will never stay with this company again

• Stayed June 2013
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Easy check in to clean, comfortable room with a full kitchen and flat screen tv. Easy freeway access and grocery store is a short walk. Great area for dogs and plenty of green areas all around. Nice people on staff.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and that we offered all of the extra amenities you were looking for. It was a pleasure having you visit and we look forward to seeing you again in the future if you're in the area.
san diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The room was OK, my issue was getting checked in. I arrived after midnight on 5-28-13. The lobby doors were open so I walked in and fount a sign on the desk "be back in 5 minutes". So I waited. Twenty minutes later I tried calling the hotel itself and got just voicemail. After about 30 minutes I started to make alternate plans.

As I left I noticed the phone on the wall (outside of the lobby) for emergency and after hours. This got me to a live person who showed up in about 5 minutes.

She explained the front door was supposed to be locked (but the lock was broke) and the 5 minute sign really didn't apply for some reason - both of which misled me to be waiting in the lobby.

That anyone can just walk into the lobby without being noticed, late at night should be a big security concern to this place, as well as a major failure of customer service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.

Address: 10750 Quivira Road, Overland Park, KS 66210
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #29 of 39 hotels in Overland Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Overland Park
Overland Park Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.