“Average hotel but great price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.

You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10750 Quivira Road, Overland Park, KS 66210   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Missouri
“Average hotel but great price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I rated this hotel as average because it is pretty old and tired looking however with the price that we paid (around $35 on Priceline) it was definitely worth it. I felt safe, staff was pleasant, beds were comfortable and it was pretty clean. However don't expect any of the extras such as water bottles, complimentary breakfast, pretty lobby, spacious rooms because you will be disappointed. Take it for what it is...a budget hotel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. I take all of your concerns seriously and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

The staff were very nice. The hotel room was very nice. The prices were fairly cheap. The noise level was kinda irritating at some points but overall the hotel the room an the staff were excellent. I would reccomend the hotel to anyone. If I should need to go back and stay I would. I also found out that they do not have a pool but you can get a free pass to go to the other hotel across town an swim there. They had a very pretty fountain place that u could walk to an sit there it was very peaceful. I didn't like how expensive the pops an snacks were but I'm sure that didn't have to do with the hotel. I also think that they should tell u if u make any long distance phone calls you will be charged instead of giving u a packet that u have to actually read to find that out.

• Stayed July 2012
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

Overland Park, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

i have been staying here several weeks on company business. My a/c quit working the end of July. i work a full time job so when i get back to the room the maintenance guy conveniently does not answer his phone and neither does the management and to top things off they have no empty rooms. im setting here in 105 degree weather with an ac that doesn't work sweating profusely at 12:00 am with no ac. the management/staff just doesn't care. if you wouldn't tolerate it yourself why tolerate it from a customer. i wouldn't stay here again if it were up to me. if your looking for cheap non responsive customer service this is the place for you. hope you like crappy customer service and no a/c.

Room Tip: hope you like heat
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Kansas City - Overland Park. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

I'd like to respond specifically to your comments about the malfunctioning air conditioner. In response to your review, I requested a building-wide inspection of each air conditioning unit, and have received confirmation that all are now in proper working condition.

Rio Grande Valley, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We found this to be an excellent choice for a 10 day stay. The rooms are nice and there is generous space. The facility is well maintained and we found the staff to be very responsive to our needs and requests. We've stayed at several Extented Stay locations around the country and found this to be one of the best. The only downside is the one that is the same at all their facilities we have frequented. That is, a totally unacceptable TV channel selection. Their package is at least 10 years behind the competition!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., responded to this review, July 18, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Kansas City - Overland Park. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

This location is easy to find and close to a lot of things. We had a room with one king size bed and the room was overly big. It was nice to have the kitchen area though supplies were limited. 2 place servings though only 1 glass and 1 coffee cup. When we needed more clean towels, we just ask the front desk. I would stay here again because the price was very reasonable - just wish the size of the room was slightly larger.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd.

Address: 10750 Quivira Road, Overland Park, KS 66210
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Overland Park
Overland Park Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Quivira Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.