“Good value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11400 College Blvd, Overland Park, KS 66210 (Formerly Holtze Executive Village Overland Park)   |
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
VALLEY CENTER
“Good value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Comfortable bed and well-appointed kitchen were strong points. Internet service was sometimes unavailable from my room so I had to go to the lobby to use my laptop. Good variety of food at dinner, although sometimes not too healthy. Would be nice to consistently have sugar free syrup available for waffles. Canned music often interfered with listening to the TV in the dining area. I did not need my room cleaned daily, but when I requested room cleaning during the weekends I was away from the hotel the room usually did NOT get cleaned so I had to make additional requests. Overall, however, compared to other hotels such as Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn, quality of accommodations was better at the Wyndham for the dollars spent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Brian M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to do a review on your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites. We like to think we have a great product for a great price. We hope to see you again soon!

Brian Meader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The size and quality of the suite was great value for the money. Drawbacks were minor: the hotel was doing some renovations so the lobby was a work zone and the laundry facilities were closed during my stay. It may have bee an oversight, but there was no dishwashing liquid provided in the suite's kitchen - as it was, I just used the shampoo. The breakfast was fine, but some mornings they were out of items - like potatoes. Oh, and I had a look at the fitness facility, but it was very basic. They could have improved it greatly with a coupe of adjustable dumbbells. Still, the quality of the rooms and price easily overwhelmed any negatives.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. You will have to come back and see the new fitness center along with the lobby and clubhouse renovations that should be finished in late November.

Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and stayed one night on our trip from Austin, TX to Minneapolis. I chose the hotel due to its location and price. You can find 20% off coupons all over the internet. Including tax we spent less that $85.00.

There is currently some construction in the lobby and laundry center so be aware. We checked in at 8:30 and it was quick and pleasant. We got a 2nd floor room and it was very nice. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a mini fridge and microwave. It had a huge closet area which was a bit odd. The bathroom had a large soaking tub % shower combo.

The room was very quiet and we had a very restful night.

They have a complementary breakfast which was OK with scrambled eggs, sausage patty, bisquit and gravy and make your own waffles. The usual cereal and bagels etc.

The pool was closed for the season but we did not plan to use it.

All-in-all very good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites. We are always happy to hear that our guest had a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Hope to see you after November when the renovation in complete on the lobby and clubhouse.

ANNAPOLIS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I've stayed at this Hawthorn Suites property several times. And each time it gets better and better....why, because of the familiarity and interaction with a very caring staff and property manager! The kindness of the management and staff will never be forgotten - my father passed away during my September visit and they placed a condolence card and flowers in my room.

The property and rooms are very comfortable, each as of this fall have new matresses. The lobby/club house is under going rennovations right now to improve/expand the guest services. Among the changes will be a new panty (aka mini c-store), expanded guest laundry.

The room rate is better than most of the nearest area competitors.

WIFI access at this hotel is GREAT, they have multiple hot spots and you will always have fast connectivity.

There is about every service you need within a 1/2 mile; grocery, restaurants, fast food, coffee shop, gas, car wash, and more.

For me, the best local find, right across College Blvd is a yoga studio called Darling Yoga.

I will be back to this property on my next visit to see my Mom.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you! You are part of the Hawthorn family. Hope things are good well. Let us know when you plan on coming back to visit your mom.

See you soon!
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

GCI Travel arranged for our soccer team to stay at this hotel during a tournament in Overland Park. We arrived to construction everywhere, little room to walk to the front desk. When we arrived, there was a line of 10 people that was consistent for more than an hour. One person was behind the desk checking persons in. He was not being helped by the hotel manager at all and had a TERRIBLE ATTITUDE. He was rude and the check-in was horrible. When we finally got to our room, it was fine. Our room overlooked the pool - NOT A BONUS. THE POOL WAS SCUM-FILLED AND HORRIBLY NASTY. Not to mention, with all of the people at the hotel, the "dining" room for breakfast was full and people had to sit outside - next to the SCUM FILLED POOL. YUM. The front desk people both days Saturday & Sunday were both rude and need to be replaced. Obvious that service does NOT MATTER AT THIS HOTEL. STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.. Trust me, I will pass this on to friends and our entire soccer club and GCI who booked this fiasco.

Room Tip: just stay away from this hotel until they fire and re-hire their help.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
I would like to apologize that your recent stay at the Hawthorn Suites did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to make sure each and every guest has a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Your comments and issues will be addressed. Again, I aplogize that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We truly hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Wichita
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Staff at front desk in the AM hours was unfriendly, as if I was inconveniencing them with my presence. Cleanliness of the hotel was ok, but air conditioning wasn't working as well as I would have liked. Lot of noise at night.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to complete the guest survey on your recent stay. Feedback is extremely valuable in making our hotel a success. The issues listed will be addressed to make your future stay an enjoyable one.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Excellent service and friendly staff for the most part. They are under construction which contributed to my biggest concern. I would like to be able to keep the shades open on the first floor, a set of sheer curtains wouild have solved the problem of a dark room and passer bys looking into our room.

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Brian M, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Glad you had a wonderfull family trip. We look forward to seeing you on your next family outing.

Brian Meader

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Overland Park? Share your experiences!