“Safety?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Safety?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have stayed at this Inn many times, mostly because of the convenient location. At this most recent visit we discovered the "no firearms" sign on the front door. Such signs do not prevent anyone intent on mayhem from entering with a firearm; on the contrary, they say in effect "It is safer use your weapon here because it is less likely that there will be anyone around to oppose your evil intent." Anyone who might oppose that evil intent (for example someone who carries a concealed carry permit) would not be able to because he/she would lose their permit if caught carrying on the property. I consider this Inn to have reduced the level of my wife's and my safety while staying. I'd advise against a stay, especially if you "carry" for your safety while traveling.

When I commented to the desk staff, they were quite rude, especially the young guy who came out of the office.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BBoyd_Overland_Park, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Overland Park, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your response. We do understand your concerns but please keep in mind that Overland Park has passed a open carry city ordinance. The property has made the stance to inform our guests that this property does not allow open carry inside the building for the protection, respect and consideration of all of our guests. The arguement could indeed be made that it is safer when guns are allowed in an establishment however this is not our position to state which is safer but simply inform our guests of our stance of open carry guns in our hotel. I will note that we have not had issues with this previously and do apologize in advance for those that do not agree with our policy. The hotel staff continues to abide by all safety training and safety related issues so that our guests employees and the property overall is in compliance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked our room through Priceline. I called ahead of time to request a double bed room. The manager responded and I quote " Take it up with Priceline". If the hotel is not interested in using Priceline services, they ought not sign up with them.
I am not sure of the degree of customer service training at this location. It is absolutely horrible.
We were not able to sleep the first night due to extreme noise from the room above us. We brought this to the staff's attention with no resolution.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BBoyd_Overland_Park, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Overland Park, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for your feedback including when comments help identify ways we can improve. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us, and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and that you had troubles with some reservations and communicating with our staff and management. Unfortunately, when we work with third party reservation companies sometimes the efforts to ensure that the guest receives satisfactory service without any complications can be disregarded. I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and it can be assured that I have contacted and addressed this with our staff as well as the reservation company. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences during your stay and I hope that you will give us a second chance if you return to this area. Please feel free to contact me directly so that we can further discuss this situation.

Buffy Boyd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

This place was pretty typical. Free hot breakfast, basic room. It is in a pretty good location relative to restaurants and other shopping. The parking lot was not too full. The room was clean and the water pressure in the shower was great (low pressure showers is a pet peeve of mine). Their workout room is open 24 hours a day, which is nice not to have a limit on that. No restaurant on site, but there are plenty of choices within a half mile of the place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lake Ozark, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I booked a room at this location based on past experience. We booked in advance 11/26/12 with no cancellation rate via credit card. When we arrived to check in 12/4/12, by lchanc.ks077 we were asked for our credit card so a copy could be made for a damage deposit. I understood this however noticed they copied front and back. When we checked out 12/5/12 by jpient.ks077 I asked for the copy of my credit card back so it could be destroyed. I was told the hotel wouldn't return it. I asked for a manager,who said it was hotel policy since we had paid in advance and implied we may have done something to the room.He refused to go check the room with us. We will never stay here again. We felt unwelcome, and were made to feel criminal. Comfort Inn has lost us as customers. The workers now had full use of our credit card thus we had to cancel it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BBoyd_Overland_Park, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Overland Park, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback. Our front desk team has been informed on these particular circumstances and we have made the necessary improvements to prevent any further issues. Thank you for your comments, they have helped us to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.
Overland Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a great stay at the Comfort Inn Overland Park. Our room was clean, attractive and comfortable. Julio was very kind and helpful! We'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

BBoyd_Overland_Park, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites - Overland Park, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! It is always nice to know that we are able to provide a clean and comfortable room for our guests as well as maintain a high degree of service. I have personally thanked our staff for helping to make your stay with us a pleasurable one. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Sedalia, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while traveling through the area on my way to to a business meeting.

Check in was easy. The lobby was clean and up to date and decorated nicely.

My room was very comfortable and included a fridge, coffee pot and microwave. There were plenty of pillows and the bed was comfortable.

My only complaint would be with the smell. As this hotel is pet friendly, previous animals have been in the room. I immediate smelled an odor that was most noticable. The smell was that of a cat that had sprayed. Anyone who knows that smell knows that it is a horrible smell it is not a smell that is easy to get rid of. I am a smoker so my sense of smell is not the best but this was over whelming.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Camdenton, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were in town with our family from Edinburgh, Scotland to see the Royals and they wanted to shop at Oak Park Mall before going to the airport the next day. It was very clean, quiet, convenient and the beds/pillows were excellent. Breakfast was hot and very good. Great value for the money! Try Carabas Italian restaurant just north for dinner, delicious!

Room Tip: We had a King, our friends had 2 queens. We were on the 3rd floor away from elevators and ice machi...