“Nice Place, fun family times!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Kansas City-Overland Park

You added Embassy Suites Kansas City-Overland Park to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Kansas City-Overland Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10601 Metcalf Avenue, At I-435, Overland Park, KS 66212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Winter Sale from $119/nt
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice Place, fun family times!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Had a nice stay with our family -- 2 adults, 1 teen 2 kiddos.
we enjoyed the hotel. comfy beds, quick room service when we called for more pillows, enjoyable pool, nice hot breakfast, spacious location, and an observant bartender at the 5:30 reception! Reasonable price as well. THANKS for all!

Room Tip: we booked online. when we got there, the room we had booked (2 queens) was not available. the kids...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie H, Manager at Embassy Suites Kansas City-Overland Park, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We really appreciate your feedback and are excited you had such a wonderful experience with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities and that our bartenders were great! Come back and see us on your next trip!
Stephanie Hall - Embassy Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
shawnee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family really enjoyed this hotel everyone was friendly and greeted us with a smile and the hotel was very clean. The atmosphere was delightful I would recommend this hotel to everyone and the price was not bad very good deal

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Sarah R, Manager at Embassy Suites Kansas City-Overland Park, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing us with the great review!!! We are very glad to hear about your great friendly service! If there is anything we can do to make it even better the next time I am happy to help!
- Sarah Rose Assistant General Manager Embassy Suites Overland Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is located within minutes of great restaurants, shopping and the highway. We arrived 3 hours before check in and they sent us right to our room. Everyone was very helpful. Only negative is during the free happy hour the fire alarms went off. The bartenders said to ignore it and in just a minute or two it went off.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time out to let us know about your visit! I am glad to hear the Front Desk was able to get you right in and made a great impact off the bat!! Thank you for your patience with us on the fire alarms, we had some techincally difficulties but all was safe for our guests.

We look forward to your next stay with us! Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make it even better!!
-Sarah Rose Assistant General Manager Embassy Suites Overland Park
Lincoln, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great staff, friendly service, but not what we've come to expect from previous stays at other Embassy Suites across the country. The staff was very nice and friendly. They gave me a ride each morning to where I needed to go. The breakfast was very good and the cook was friendly. The bar tender was fun to chat with in the evenings. The location is great, right off of 435 which was perfect for my trip. However, this hotel is not what we've come to expect from our previous stays at Embassy Suites across the country. In fact, I can't believe this hotel meets Embassy Suites standards. It's not the staff's fault, it is just that this hotel is really showing its age. The hotel is in desperate need of new carpet. In our room, the threads where showing and this was common throughout other areas. There are lots of cracks in the walls, chipped paint, and noticeable "wear and tear" on the building. The heat didn't work in our room on the first night. We called the front desk and they sent someone up to the room in less than 5 minutes, which was great. He agreed that the HVAC system was blowing cold air, but said "it's just the way it is due to how cold it is outside and this is as warm as it will get". His solution was to bring us a small space heater, which was laughable. We (my wife and 3 children under age 5) were freezing cold all night. The next morning we complained again and they promptly moved us to a new room, which we appreciated. The new room had a great heating system and had no trouble keeping us warm even though it was still very cold outside. So much for it being "too cold outside" for the system to work, I guess. We needed to have a pull out couch to accommodate our family. Oh my, the pull out couch was a joke. The mattress was literally 2 inches thick and when I lay down on it I could feel all the bars underneath. Seriously, no adult or child could be expected to sleep on that bed. The bed in the bedroom was ok. The bathrooms were ok, but I had to laugh because when water was going down the sink drain the drain in the tub makes a loud gargling/sucking noise & vice-versa. At one point, the water stopped draining from the tub. After about 20 minutes it finished draining. Again, this is no fault of the staff, just an old hotel showing its age.

In summary, the staff was nice & friendly. We were centrally located to where we needed to be during our trip (near 435). But when I hear the name Embassy Suites (and pay for an expensive hotel room) I expect nicer accommodations. I expect Embassy Suites standards. I have stayed in dozens of Embassy Suites across the country & by definition this hotel shouldn't be called an Embassy Suites. The only reason I picked this hotel was because it is an Embassy Suites. I didn't bother to read any reviews or look at it online. My mistake! Others on Trip Advisor have experienced the same things I have mentioned. As cruel as this may sound, this hotel needs to be totally remodeled to keep its name, or it should probably be sold to another hotel chain. Again, the people are friendly and it's not their fault. I am just being honest. If you have stayed in an Embassy Suites before, this hotel will not meet your standards. We had planned to stay three nights, but changed our reservation and switched to a different hotel for our last night.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Stephanie H, Manager at Embassy Suites Kansas City-Overland Park, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We really appreciate the feedback and we are so sorry you had such overall negative experience with us, but I am happy to hear our team members were so friendly. We did drop the ball on the HVAC system and I do apologize for not being able to fix the first rooms HVAC unit. I would like to talk to you more about that and the other issues that you experienced. Please feel free to reach out to me directly. Thank you again for staying with us.
Overland Park, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Our stay at the hotel was great. The rooms are spacious and clean and the bed is very comfortable. The pool is a little small which was disappointing but it was clean and there were always towels available. The fitness area is a good size and offered a variety of equipment. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful. The evening reception provided very light snacks (chips, salsa, popcorn) and free beverages.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Stephanie H, Manager at Embassy Suites Kansas City-Overland Park, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback and are glad to know you had a great stay with us! I will pass your kind words about our breakfast to our cooks and hosts they will love to hear the feedback. If I can do anything to make your next stay even better please let me know!
Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We've been going to this hotel for 25+ years and it is consistently a great place to stay. Accommodations have been updated and well maintained through the years. There are lots of places to eat in the area and close to 435.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Stephanie H, Manager at Embassy Suites Kansas City-Overland Park, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your constant loyalty to our hotel! We appreciate your business and we hope to be of service to you for the next 25 years! If you every need anything, please reach out!
Monroe, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This Embassy Suites location is a great place to stay. The hotel is clean, well staffed by friendly people, the complimentary breakfast beats going out to eat, the complimentary social hour is a nice way to relax at the end of the day. The size of the rooms are wonderful, so nice to have a sitting area to use.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and your kind words about our team members! We appreciate the feedback and I can’t wait to pass on your kind words to all of the different department heads! Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you on your next stay!

Embassy Suites

Been to Embassy Suites Kansas City-Overland Park? Share your experiences!