“Really nice property--pet friendly!” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10610 Marty St., Overland Park, KS 66212   |
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
ANAMOSA
“Really nice property--pet friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We choose La Quinta for their pet policy--as an older couple with a loved "family member" (like so many) it's important. Very nice property off the busy street--very nice room layout and all amenities---breakfast could have had more fresh options--would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lake Ozark, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here during a two day shopping extravaganza, with a visit to relatives in Overland Park. My wife selected this La Quinta based on the many seeming excellent reviews.

Having been to the hotel, I suspicion that many of those excellent reviews were written by employees, friends and family.

The inn is totally acceptable, but showing it's age. It seemed dirty, but perhaps that was just age. The desk folks were very friendly. The breakfast was far from good - cold cereal, and breads - no fruit or hot food except the usual make it yourself waffle.

Another reason we picked this inn was that some reviews said there were recliners in some of the rooms. My wife must sleep in a recliner due to medical issues. LaQuinta reservations called the inn to make sure which rooms had recliners, and we reserved a king suite because those rooms were supposed to have recliners. Upon arrival the desk person told us that only a few select rooms had recliners, and that hey were all occupied. The king suite we reserved did not have a recliner - he said. So instead we asked for a room with two beds, assuming that she could make do with enough pillows in a bed. When we walked into the room the first thing we saw was a recliner. So who knows which rooms have recliners. If you must have one to sleep, then good luck.

The room was on the first floor, which we usually avoid, but the room was quite and no noise came down from the room above.

Lastly, the bed was way too soft for me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have stayed in many different hotels and when I search for one I try to include La Qunita, Days Inn, Ramada, Residence Inn, Courtyards, Fairfields, and you get the point. La Qunita is one of my favorites. During my travels across I-70 in a town called Overland Park, Kansas I chose this La Qunita.

The staff incredible, the lobby sprakling,the room nice and clean, no noise from the nearest street, no noise from anyone above us, refrigerater-microwave, lounge chair (great after a long days drive) Firmness of the bed perfect for me.

Place to eat not even 5 minutes driving time, local walmart and other stores also with 5 minutes

More then enough seating area in the breakfast bat-free newspaper-the breakfast bar itself (KUDOS), eggs, bacon, bagels, toast (various breads) yogurt, bananas, apples, oranges, waffles, danishes (what did I leave out?) oh, coffee, orange juice and cranberry juice.

Definitely recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Visited KC for pleasure. The staff at this hotel are great both by phone and in person. We had a nice one bedroom suite. The hotel is located a couple of blocks from a busy street and was very quiet, both in and outside. I don't ever remember hearing slamming doors or other noises within the hotel. My only complaints, both minor, are that the living room furniture could use a little updating and the refrigerator wasn't consistent in the temperature, frozen cokes, melted ice cream. Hardly a deal breaker.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Newton, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Staff were really friendly and the breakfast was good. Rooms were quiet. This is hotel is really spread out so be ready to walk if you get a room on the far side. Rooms were clean but it showed it's age. Still has the old tube TV's and the signal from the cable goes in and out with static, when I asked the maintenance worker about it (in very poor english) he informed me that it ok...and then proceeded to tell me President Obama needed to bring peace to the middle east. I don't talk politics to people so I was caught off guard....Still confused to why he even said it....I would say if you have no other choice go ahead and stay here...Good luck. On a positive note, when I did have issues with the air conditioner they did move me to another room.

Room Tip: Tell them you want a room close to the entrance unless you like to walk...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I have stayed in many La Quinta inns and this was one of the nicest I have stayed in. The rooms are very large with a nice big desk and a recliner! There is also several elevators and a very nice lobby. The area where the hotel is located is a very nice location with multitude of dining options.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We chose this hotel because of their pet friendly policy, as we were traveling with 2 cats. We were surprised at the reasonable room rate. The facilities were very clean, the staff helpful & friendly. It is very close to I-435 south, with many restaurants & shopping nearby. Best of all was the breakfast, offering numerous choices: waffles, toast, biscuits & gravy, sweet rolls, hot & cold cereals, yogurt, and fresh fruit. We didn't have time to use the pool, but it looked really nice. Kind of wished our stay was longer than one night!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Overland Park? Share your experiences!