“The excellent food is only half the story!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 390 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Buffet
Tonganoxie, Kansas
“The excellent food is only half the story!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had lunch here today and enjoyed numerous Indian dishes on the buffet. The food was great, and the service was phenomenal! The waiter (possibly owner?) worked harder in the half hour I was there than most people work in a week. He was taking care of everyone and offering them samples of food and drink that weren't even included on the buffet.

The restaurant is small, but was packed when I was there. I came in by myself so I ended up sitting with another person at a table for four, but I didn't mind - neither did he. We were both blown-away by the quality of the food and the amazing service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Midwest City, Oklahoma
“Best Indian Food In The City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

A small hidden gem serving the best Indian food in the city!! There is a lunch buffet seven days a week which includes mango lassi and chi tea in the price. The manager is awesome and has mastered the art of customer service. The food is the star there and there aren't enough good things to say about it......5 STARS!!!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corpus Christi, Texas
“What Fun - and Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A small restaurant tucked into an inside corner of a strip center. It was my first time to an Indian restaurant and it was excellent! The proprietor obviously loved what he was doing - very energetic and friendly, but very busy - as every table was full and there was a long line. He offered sample of appetizers, mango drinks, frozen treats, and chai tea. I wish there was a restaurant near my home like this.

This review is submitted by Mrs. TexanAbroad.

Visited February 2013
“Korma or Karma Sutra? VERY GOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I am in Overland Park on business, I read the reviews for this place on Trip Advisor so I went. I was very impressed with Korma Sutra..it might not have been as pleasurable as Karma Sutra, but it was darn close!

Food quality in taste and freshness was spot on..even if you are not a big Indian foody you will find something on this menu that you will really enjoy. The owner is a delightful guy who works this little room with just the right amount of touch. He brought me a couple of little aps shortly after I sat down..he brought me a nice taste of a wonderful mango drink, and some rice pudding to die for after dinner..all at no charge. He clearly loves to introduce non Indians to his homeland's food, and he is a great ambassador!
Try Korma Sutra, which unlike Karma Sutra can be done all alone with a great amount of pleasure!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Never, ever again.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We waited ninety minutes with two tired, hungry children, watching order after order go out for carry-out while we were ignored. Finally, I tracked down the manager and asked for the food to go, but when we got it home we found that we didn't get what we ordered, and what we did get was inedible! I've never been so disappointed in a restaurant before.

Also note: you will be given a lot of "freebies". Chai tea, samosas, ice cream, kheer...and YOU WILL BE CHARGED for them, even if you refuse them. We had three $13 entrees, no alcohol or appetizers, and the bill was $70, with no itemized receipt to show it. So, not only bad food and bad service, but dishonest as well. Avoid this place. There are better within just twenty minute drive: Taj Majal in Waldo and Liberty, for instance.

• Visited December 2012