“Very pleased!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Garozzo's Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 409 Restaurants in Overland Park
Transit: The Jo
lacygne
“Very pleased!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

This place is a keeper! Great service, quiet atmosphere, wonderful food. Only complaint was that getting our main course seemed to take much longer than it should. Spicy chicken was the best thing we had.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Arma, Kansas
“Italian wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I am Italian an miss dad's pizza place. This place was great and I didn't complain about any of the food which is rare coming from a picky person.

Visited January 2013
Kansas City
“It's all good at Garozzo's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had a wonderful lunch at Garozzo's today. The Insalata Casa was divine; fresh greens, savory dressing, yum. The Angel Hair Diabo con Pesce was a huge heaping bowl of pasta and seafood; I loved the calamari - it was super tender. My wife had Frankie’s Chicken, a savory dish with linguine and an incredibly rich Dijon cream sauce. The salads and meal were accompanied by warm bread and the optional garlic/olive oil dipping sauce. After boxing up the surplus, we finished with desserts, my favorite being the newly introduced Sfogliatelle. Service (Hillary) was great even though it was quite busy.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lenexa, Kansas
“Great Italian!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is the place to go for real italian!! I went here for a birthday dinner after hearing about it from so many other people that I thought what could it hurt to try it? I went with a party of five and the host was pleasant and so was our server. Our server knew the menu extensively. Great quality I look for!! Well worth the price as well. The amount of food you recieve also is huge!!! More then one could eat. My fiance got the Three Way Pasta and we have had more then plently to take home. We've had 3 meals out of it!! Literally. So much food and delicious. The Chicken Parmesan was cheesy and saucey and the piece of chicken was huge! I will definetly be going back at some point.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scottsdale, Arizona
“great ambiance, but overpriced for the quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I saw this little place across the street from my hotel. Being a connoisseur of Italian foods, and always wanting to support local businesses, I thought I would check it out.

I walked in and was very excited about the atmosphere. They had an active bar that was separated from the restaurant. Because I was on business and eating alone, I decided to eat in the bar.

The service was excellent. The bartender was friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. She made recommendations when requested, but was not trying to push any meal.

The wine list had a nice variety of Italian, domestic and other types of wines. Unfortunately, the prices were probably 20-25% higher than I would pay in similar quality restaurants.

I had the Cesar salad. the lettuce was soft. not to the point of being wilted, but certainly not crisp like you would expect with a fresh salad. The flavors were decent, but could have (should have) had some fresh Parmesan cheese to give it a special feel. the croutons looked and tasted (they really had no taste) like they came out of a box.

I also ordered the Tilapia which came with a light olive oil sauce and some diced tomatoes and capers. Tilapia does not really have much flavor by itself, and the "salsa" was decent, but didn't really have enough flavor to cover the bland taste of the fish. Not to mention the Tilapia was a little under cooked. It wasn't too bad, but Tilapia should be firm and this wasn't.

This would be a great place to have an app and a glass of (expensive) wine with friends, but I probably won't go back for a full (expensive) meal. Expensive meaning one glass of wine and the fish added up to almost $40

Visited September 2012