“Always good food and an enjoyable experience” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Johnny Cascone's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 390 Restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Kansas
“Always good food and an enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Whenever we come to KC, we always try to plan a meal at Cascone's. There are few places I can say that I've never had a bad meal, and this is one of the few. The food is always good, and plentiful. Make sure you come hungry! The service is pretty consistent, but as anywhere, some servers are a little more bubbly than others. We just wish we lived closer and had a chance to enjoy Cascone's more often. You won't be dissapointed.

Visited December 2012

Shawnee, Kansas
“Steady as you go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been a patron of this great neighborhood establishment since relocating here in 1986. My co-workers and I probably ate there once a week, and my wife and I continue to enjoy the well prepared, always appetizing food. My brother-in-law insists on lunch at "Gascone's" every time they visit from Arkansas...no sense on trying to correct his pronunciation...he marches to a different drummer. He always orders the "liver and onions with green beans and bacon, mashed potatos with extra gravy", and it is always great! I will either go with that or an off menu item that they always are prepared to make...the chopped sirloin. This is a very large, tasty hamburger steak, also served with the same sides as the liver. The chicked spiedini is great as well, and the chicken fried steak, salsicche with peppers or any of their Italian specialties are all large servings and tasty. We prefer to arrive just after the lunch crowd dissipates, around 1:00 PM, and always ask for one of their experienced waitresses. Never anything but a great and very reasonable priced meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Overland Park, Kansas
“Really good food really bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Try this place if you have over an hour for dinner. I went on the Sunday before Christmas, we had reservations at 6 and we waited close to 20 minutes once we got there to be seated so we were not off to a good start. One person took our drink order another asked if we wanted an appetizer and a third came back by to take our drink order again. Finally we meet our waitress who again asked if we wanted something to drink. We got our drinks and ordered our meals. Now mind you by this point its probably close to 640 pm by now. Ten minutes later the waitress returns to inform me they have run out of the dinner special Bruscilone and that it is really popular I suggested they make more to begin with since the demand seems to be there for the special, she laughed and agreed with me...duh seems like a simple business plan. My family polished off two baskets of bread while waiting for our meals and drink refills. The meals finally arrive and its 730, it was not our waitress who brought the meals, we didnt see here again till after 8pm. Drinks ran low consitantly or were forgotten at the bar by wait staff. There seems to be a serious lack of managerial supervision on the wait staff and there seems to be way too many people working and they are not working efficently. We finished our meals and asked for the check and its now 830. Two other things that bugged me, the staff used to box your meals up for you and wrap them in plastice wrap so the sauce does not leak out, neither of these two things were done and I discovered frozen alfredo sauce on my back seat the next morning. Dont get me wrong the food is good, but man the service it terrible. 845 pm we left after close to 3 hours.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Old style Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were there to run a marathon. We made reservations, and were late. They were ready for us with no complaints. If you want an old style Italian restaurant, this is the place to go. There are pictures on the walls from many years of serving good ole Italian food. The older owner was walking around talking to people. It was just as I imagined. Start off with the $3.00 olive oil dipping service. They had many dishes to pick from-we ordered the scallops, their special the night we were there. We asked for 2 other chicken dishes to share. They did not complain when we asked for extra plates, like a lot of restaurants. The warm bread was wonderful. Another person order the alfredo-more than enough to take for a late night snack. Another person asked for her sauce on the side, no problem. The service was efficient. The prices were great. No, it is not olive garden. It is a family restaurant. Don't expect low calorie food, you will not get it here. It is home-made and delicious!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas
“Always good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We just love this place! Start with the olive oil dipping service and then get the chicken limonata! (Only served at dinner). Lemon cake if you want dessert. Plenty of the cake to share!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere