“Do not miss this if you ♡ thai food!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 379 restaurants in Overland Park
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Do not miss this if you ♡ thai food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are both Thai food aficionados and we thought the food here was top notch!!! The green curry was yummmmmy :-) Who would have thought Overland Park would have one of the top Thai restaurants in the country?! Apparently I'm not alone because they added a section to the right of the original location (still inside) that you wouldn't know was there unless they're busy because then they will guide you to it!

• Visited March 2013

86% Recommend
Lenexa, Kansas
“Top 5 Thai Restaurant in the Country!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

There food is the best Thai food that I have eaten. I love there signature Pad Thai ad I also like their currys and their pork Gapow! Service fantastic!! Food Excellent!! Atmosphere very comfortable! This is a great restaurant!! KC is proud they are here!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kansas City, Kansas
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is my favorite Thai restaurant in Kansas so far - the service is friendly, the atmosphere is fun and has a nice authentic feel to it, and best of all - the food is delicious. My personal favorite is their panang curry, although the other curries are good as well.

The Pad Thai is great, but I prefer to go to Lulu's or Tasty Thai if I'm in the mood for noodles - just as good and more economically feasible if you catch my meaning ;)

• Visited January 2013
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Avoid the Takeout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have eaten at Thai Place several times and the food their indeed is very good. It is a favorite restaurant. However one should avoid takeout because they seem to not care about the same quality for take-out as they do for those eating in the smaller confines of the establishment.

On one occasion their signature dish, Seafood Pad Thai (their words not mine) was ordered, and according to the menu has Jumbo Shrimp. There was really a lot of crab meat, but there was not one…again… not one shrimp… in the take-out, something that could have been remedied if eating in the restaurant.

On another occasion an order of calamari appetizers was completely missing when we got home. We will probably go back, but never again will we order take-out…. At least the BBQ joints in KC get your to-go orders right!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Camdenton, Missouri
“Best Thai in Two States”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I will confess that I have not tried every Thai restaurant in OK and KS, but from among those that I have tried, this one ranks #1. The Tiger Cry Beef appetizer is grilled well, full of flavor. The chili sauce accompanying the meat is worth the price of the dish. Any one of the curries is rich and spicy, the spice level to be determined by you, but I must warn you that "medium" is plenty spicy. We entertained a friend there recently, a man proud of his abilities to take the heat. Even he found the hottest of the spice levels capable of sprouting sweat on his brow and leading him to call for drink. The atmosphere is small and intimate, but elegant. The fact that the tables are full most nights is a sure sign of the quality to be enjoyed there.

• Visited December 2012