“Excellent Room” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Excellent Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The room was very nice and clean and met all my needs. The shower was handicapped accessible. It would have been nice to have a shower head that was wall-mounted in addition to the hand-held one that is supplied for handicapped customers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Terri S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Gary M,
Thanks for choosing to stay with us! Unfortunately we structurally aren't able to offer both types of shower heads in the handicap room. I appreciate your feedback and hope you will come back and see us in the future.
Terri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Claremore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel this weekend and it was an extremely excellent experience! The desk clerks were very welcoming and displayed the utmost in hospitality during our whole stay. They were all great! The waiter in the breakfast café was great at providing us a wonderful breakfast dining experience!! He went the extra mile to make sure we had the best breakfast possible, and we did! We will definitely be back, everything about our visit was superb!!

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Terri S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Verdy99,
Wow, thank you for the 5 star review! We are always here to take care of you anytime you are in the area...come see us again soon!
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I love this particular Holiday Inn because of the overall color scheme. It veered away from the awful puke green used in rooms we've stayed in different Holiday Inns in New Jersey and Kansas. I wish all Holiday Inns were this pleasant to the eye.

The building is new and really clean.

The downside though, IF you can't live without television, the hotel is hooked up to DirectTV, which can be disrupted with inclement weather - an inevitable in the midwest? I guess you just have to deal with it.

BUT Internet is stable and fast. So maybe try streaming videos when TV service is interrupted by the weather

The hotel is also strategically located near a lot of shops and restaurants. There's a Panda Express in the same lot and Freddy's Frozen Custard across the street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Didi P,
I'm glad to hear you liked our decore, we want you to feel as if you were in your own home and comfortable! Directv is interrupted when it rains, but great suggestion about streaming videos! I appreciate your feedback and compliments. Hope to see you again soon.
BA OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

A friend and I stayed here June, 2014. My son stayed in his own room, as well. We were greeted with smiles, laughter, and professionally. Our room was clean, well- appointed, and the beds comfortable. White, fluffy, towels... Great TV.... Complimentary breakfast! Great stay. The front desk, Antonio and Jon, were so very nice I took some of my homemade foods to them! And they want my recipe! Having a microwave and fridge made this a complete room! Thank you!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
shortymeekbaby,

I'm so happy to hear about your stay. Sounds like you have found your new "hotel family" in the Holiday Inn Express Overland Park! We should have another family reunion soon! Thanks for staying with us.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel provided everything we have come to expect in a Holiday Inn Express. It was clean, comfortable, in a good neighborhood 15 min from downtown KC. But what really sets this hotel apart is the outstanding staff. The front desk attendant was personable and offered help and humor during the tornado watch. The breakfast staff went out of their way, clearing our dishes for us and even making sure we got everything we wanted when we almost arrived too late one morning. If we're ever back in KC, we'll return to this hotel!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Terri S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
VJPtraveler, Thank you for staying with us and for the wonderful compliments, I will be sure to pass those on to my staff! We do everything we can to be sure you have a 5 star visit! Please come back and see us soon! Terri
Mansfield, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed here recently for business. Courteous staff and clean rooms. Good location for eating options. I would not have any reservations to staying here again and in fact, due to its proximity to our work, will stay here from now on when visiting the area.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 214 without issue.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Steve K, Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your last business trip and I'm glad to hear you will be staying with us more often! I appreciate your compliments. If you interested in exploring a variety of dining opportunities in the area, we can help you with that as we have just about any kind of food you can imagine within a couple of miles of the hotel. Thanks again for choosing us when you visit Overland Park. Terri
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I spent a night at this one year old hotel. Antonio was at the front desk to greet me with a big smile - a great greeting after a long day of travel. I stayed at the fourth floor facing the main road. The room was clean and I like that the hotel was equipped with guest laundry. My only small complain was the noise from people smoking and hanging outside near the entrance at night. I didn't care for people chatter late into the night while I am trying to get some sleep. Other than that, I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Room 429 faces main road and near front entrance
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Terri S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Koheve, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Guest service and cleanliness are the most important things when you stay with us. We have an outstanding staff who is here to take care of you, I'm glad you were able to experience their hospitality! I do apologize for the noise outside the front entrance while you were trying to sleep, we try to keep it to a minimum. The rooms on the other side of the hallway face a wooded area with a walking trail and creek, a pretty great view! Next time you are in the area, we will do our best to get you on that side of the hotel. Terri

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Overland Park? Share your experiences!