“Attending a performance here has become a summer tradition” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Topeka, KS
“Attending a performance here has become a summer tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I'm in the Overland Park area every summer for a work conference. Every year, approximately 250 of us go to this dinner theater, and it's always a highlight. The menu on the buffet doesn't change much from year to year, but this is a good thing... the food is fantastic. My favorite dishes from last night's buffet was the braised pork and the polenta. We always try to save room for the dessert at intermission. I had the strawberry napolean, and my dad had the chocolate cobbler. Fantastic. There isn't a bad seat in the house. The theater had set up some additional seating this year... normally there is an empty row to make it easy to go through the buffet. This year, there were tables set up in this row (including the table where we were seated). It made it a little crowded until everyone was resettled. Our watier, Tony, was really hustling! He worked hard to keep everyone's glasses full. The performance was fantastic. We saw "Hairspray" this summer, and the local cast did a great job. Great costumes, high energy, and a very professional feel. Since we bring so many people, we're pretty familiar with the theater's policies. Two items to note is that most people dress up for this venue (sundresses, sports coats... not too formal), and that children under the age of 7 are not allowed in the theater. I look forward to coming back her again next summer.

• Visited July 2012

New Theatre Restaurant
Mr. Mark Adam, Senior Restaurant Manager
9229 Foster
Overland Park, KS. 66212

Having reserved our table, #607 way back in 1991, even before construction began on the wonderful NEW THEATER, we have never missed a performance, and never ever been disappointed.

For the past 19 years, we also have been season ticket holders at Star Light and for many years, season ticket holders at the Quality Hills Playhouse. But I must confess, the New Theater has always been by far, our favorite! Never have we witnessed a show where our pastor and his family might be offended.
If I had to name a kitchen favorite, it would either be the magnificent, garlic mashers or your consistently tender and tasty, marinated grilled flank steak! Always love the spicy “chef’s choice” at the end of the line. I put these delectable delights right up there with 2 of my all time favorites; the Buddy Holly Story, staring Bennett Dunn, James Wright and big cast of musicians and second best, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coast, staring Nick Cosgrove, Tim Cormak, Cathy Barnett.

With all the letters I have written to new and some not so new, fine dining establishments, in and around the Kansas City area, I humbly apologize! For it has taken me 18 years to get around to sending you folks a formal thank you!
Please give our gracious thanks to all your wait and kitchen staff. And I hope you never compromise quality for quantity.

A loyal and truly satisfied and pleased customer,

Woody & Cheri Woodward

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Omaha
“A Fantastic Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012 via mobile

we had never been, but we're visiting KC and said, why not? Top notch entertainment, very professional. This is NOT your typical community theater. A wonderful buffet, yes I said a wonderful BUFFET. Great service and a great facility. Would definitely recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere