My husband, 1 year old and myself stayed at this hotel for 2 nights the first week of June. Finding the hotel wasn't an issue and check in was smooth. I requested a crib beforehand and it was in the system, but not in the room. When we got into the room, it was nicely appointed and comfy until I sat on the bed. We immediately figured out the bed was very bouncy and soft but it wasn't too much of an issue. The room was clean but kinda dusty like someone hadn't stayed there in a few weeks and it was FREEZING. We quickly figured out that the ac unit had two settings which were high on cold or off. It didn't bother us enough to complain about it but someone who isn't used to bundling up in a cold room might ask to be moved. About 20 minutes after checking in, the front desk gave us a call to make sure the room was satisfactory and I said yes, but we hadn't received our crib yet, she apologized and the crib was there in about 5 minutes. The crib linens were nice and clean but the crib itself not so much. I always travel with lysol or clorox wipes and I used the wipes to clean up the crib, there was just a little bit of gunk (maybe old food) on the bars that I had to clean up before putting my son in for a nap.
The bathroom was small and plain and the bathtub was tricky, the tub itself is angled and slippery. I didn't realize it was like that until I put my son in for a bath and he slipped (he didn't hurt himself but it scared me a little) so I decided to take a shower with him so I can hold him.
Overall the room was relaxing and a place to lay down, the tv was easy to use and the cable options were great. We visited the attached restaurant for breakfast the morning we checked out and it was a nice meal. For the right price, I'd consider staying here again. It was in a very convenient location, nearby a nice mall, places to eat and not too far from major KC venues to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Overland Park, Kansas, you are always welcome at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Overland Park West. Excellent location for an Overland Park, Kansas hotel at 87th and Interstate 35. Close to Pine Ridge Business Park and Oak Park MallThe Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Overland Park West is centrally located to all major visitor attractions and sports venues. The Overland Park, Kansas hotel is one of the closest lodging facilities to the Bass Pro Shop, Kansas Speedway and Legends Shopping at Village West. Country Club Plaza, Crown Center Plaza, Sandstone/Verizon Amphitheatre, Worlds of Fun and the Renaissance Festival of Kansas City are all within a 30 minute drive. The Overland Park Kansas hotel has 191 well appointed guestrooms including 50 elegant suites with microwaves, refrigerators and wet bars. Free wireless high-speed Internet in all guest rooms and meeting rooms. Inside the Overland Park Kansas hotel is the Green Mill Restaurant & Bar. Serving great American food and beverage, featuring award-winning pizza and wings. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Relax, it's Holiday Inn and as always, Kids Stay and Eat Free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Overland Park West
- Holiday Inn Overland Park
- Overland Park Holiday Inn