“I love this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Wichita, Kansas
“I love this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have stayed here routinely on all of my visits to KC for several years now. The quality just gets better. The staff has stayed fairly consistent and they are so welcoming and friendly. They visit with you as you come and go and never make you feel rushed. I am not a fan of the restaurant. The food is not as good as the prices would have you believe, so we usually go across the street to Perkins to eat. The beds are comfortable. There is a mirrored area outside of the bathroom, so when you are travling in pairs, 2 can get ready at the same time. I would recomend this to anyone coming to KC. It is clean, centrally located to highways and shopping, comfortable and has great service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel and staff.
Your business and patronage are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Monument, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012 via mobile

Please keep in mind the one thing this review wont actually capture is the smell.

Upon check in I asked if I could get a room with a microwave, the manager said it costs $10 extra. I've stayed in this chain before, & since I have a toddler in tow I though being able to use the fridge, & microwave would be excellent. BUT, my room had no microwave, and what's worse when I asked about it they sent a microwave to my room.

I am almost certain a previous guest, or disgruntled employee had urinated in the air conditioner, as the smell of ammonia when I turned it on made my eyes water.

The springs in the chair are broken so you literally sink to a very uncomfortable low level. A few fixtures are falling off the wal....

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Overland Park West.
I want to apologize for your less than positive experience which was the opposite of what we strive to achieve. Please contact me directly should you return to the area as I would like the opportunity to regain your confidence.
Sincerest regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel! We stayed for a last minute appointment! Highly Recomended!

• Stayed February 2012
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your recent visit. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park in the near future.
iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Check-in was quick. Room was neat and clean. Quiet. Fridge and microwave in room. Just stayed 1 night and didn't get to use the pool. Breakfast was good, service quick; rather expensive, but on-site and nothing terribly close by. Overall good experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thanks for the glowing comments regarding your recent stay.
We appreciate you choosing the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park Kansas and invite you to stay with us again the next time you are in town!
Merriam, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

The hotel was adequate. I would have been mad if I paid the regular price. I booked through Priceline. I've stayed in nicer 2 star hotels. Room was clean enough but beds and pillows seemed uncomfortable. The bathroom had a slight sewer smell. It was very quiet after 9pm which was really nice. No microwaves or fridges in regular rooms. My biggest gripe was I overheard the nighttime manager rent a room to a teenager. First he told him he couldn't rent a room since he was under 21. The he asked the kid if he had his girl there with him and told him he didn't want any trouble from him and went ahead and gave him a room. So, I guess it's a popular place for teens to get a room even if underage!

Room Tip: I would ask next time for a higher level on the outside of the hotel. The inner rooms overlook the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Please accept my apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay as we strive for much higher standards. If you find a need for lodging in this area again, I would like the opportunity to earn back your business. Please contact me directly for a future reservation.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012 via mobile

Nice location great staff and good value ..rooms were spacious and clean restaurant had decent food the pizza is good..Had guest laundry that was very nice and clean well maintained machines ...lots of hot water for a shower the swimming pool area was very nice there was always people in the pool the few nights I was there lots of places to eat and shop close by. Very close to interstate easy on and off. I would defiantly stay here again...

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Palatine, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I was a little concerned when I read some of the other reviews of this hotel. We got this one on Priceline for a great price so I figured at least we didn't pay that much. I was very pleasantly surprised that the hotel was very nice. There is always going to be something to complain about if you look hard enough, but we found very little. The curtains in our room were constantly blowing from the fan underneath, but we put phone books on top of them and that held them in place. The bed was very comfortable, and I always like the pillows at Holiday Inns. Having a refrigerator to put our food in was a nice extra. Unlike one of the other reviews I read, I thought that the rooms were very nice and were as well maintained as the lobby area. We were only there overnight, so didn't use any of the amenities, but found the room to be quite comfortable and a nice atmosphere for just hanging out and watching tv.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-36, Rooms Division Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Guest

Thanks for letting us know you enjoyed your recent stay.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Overland Park West? Share your experiences!