“Nice hotel, easy to get to” 4 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #8 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Story City
“Nice hotel, easy to get to”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We checked in early (1:00), but that was no problem.. our room was ready and waiting for us. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good, about par for HGI.

The surrounding area has loads of restaurants and shopping. Not walking distance, but within a mile or two.

Room Tip: Lots of construction summer of 2012 across the street to the south... jackhammers start at 6:30 am...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

A nice clean and quite hotel located in the Overland Park Area of Ks. Was in the area for a short stay and arrived early in the day, the front desk went out of their way to get a room ready for me and allowing an early check-in so I could get changed and to what I needed to do.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Corydon, Ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The reason I chose this hotel other than location was for the opportunity to try out their "sleep system" beds that could be adjusted to accommodate individual choices. Unfortunately I couldn't perceive any adjustment difference no matter what setting I applied to the mattress. Never the less the mattress was still comfortable without any adjustment. The room and hotel all seemed very clean to me. I thought the amenities were all very good. Microwave, coffee pot, mini frig and free internet made me feel at home. The only snafu of any consequence was that originally we were assigned a room that was already occupied. The people in there did invite us to their party. Once we got our own room, our stay was very pleasant. The free breakfast buffet was very good but I think it was part of a weekend package we got and not always free. ( I could be wrong). All in all the was a very good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dodge City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for three nights. Front desk was friendly and helpful, immediately addressing any needs we had. Our room was clean, and in good condition. Although the beds had adjustable settings, neither my wife nor I found them to be very comfortable, but were sufficient. The pool area was typical for this chain, and that of others in this price range. Actually, the pool was kept a little warmer than the last several hotel pools we swam in, a welcomed change. Fitness area was minimal, but still nicer then some. Breakfast was very good, and the staff was friendly. We paid about $10 a night extra to include the breakfast, which I highly recommend doing. We certainly can't go to McD's for breakfast and spend less for a family of four! The selection is very good, and kept fresh. Their breakfast is probably the single biggest reason why we often choose HGI over other comparable hotels.

Room Tip: Opt for the included breakfast, especially for families.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a shopping weekend with my Mom. The front desk women were great especially Gina. Such a sweetheart, gave us good dinner suggestions and free breaksfast coupons.

Rooms were very clean and nice. Hotel overall was very clean and well kept. The hotel was full but never seemed crowded. It is very close to the interstate.

Armando who makes your omlets was so sweet, he even made me a special hot salsa when I was bummed they only had mild. Breakfast is pretty pricey for what you get I think, I'm glad we didn't pay.

Overall great stay and great staff from the front desk to dining to housekeeping!

• Stayed June 2012
Muscatine, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed in a king suite and the room was spacious. The room was clean and modern and had 2 TV's which was nice after putting kids to bed. My only complaint would be the bed...it kind of sunk to the middle. It might be time to update mattresses.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotel was a couple blocks off of the interstate, easy to get to. The room was nice, the AC unit (which always is an issue with me) wasn't as annoying as most places. Breakfast was good with a good selection of items plus build your own eggs or omelets.

The downside was that we had to ask receptionist about breakfast and wifi, and then we got coupons for breakfast. I have a hunch that a lot of the people were staying in the hotel still ended up paying for that breakfast that should have been included. Note to travelers-Ask about breakfast and if it is included or extra (cost $9.95 ea). If they tell you that it is extra, push the issue a little and you may get it free.

Room Tip: We had a 4th floor room, no rooms above so it was quiet. This was a stop while traveling so in at 8...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Overland Park? Share your experiences!