“STAY ELSEWHERE IF YOU REQUIRE FAST INTERNET!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Dallas, Texas
“STAY ELSEWHERE IF YOU REQUIRE FAST INTERNET!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

This hotel is great in all but ONE area - their WI-FI internet service! If, like me, you REQUIRE a reasonably fast wi-fi to function effectively for work, then DO YOURSELF A FAVOR and STAY ELSEWHERE! Their wi-fi is OUTDATED and BARELY better performing than old DIAL-UP service! They use an .11g router, that for whatever reason, is totally inadequate for ANYTHING other than checking your email! FORGET anything requiring streaming video, Skype, etc. It simply will NOT function at this hotel, and as we all know nowadays - few things are more frustrating than a slow, USELESS, internet speed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

I was really looking forward to my stay at the Overland Park Residence Inn on April 26, 2011. I was using my free night e-certificate that I earned from Chase VISA. I made my reservation through 800-MARRIOTT and reserved a one bedroom suite. When I arrived and checked in, I was advised by the desk clerk there were not any one bedrooms available and he suggested a studio suite. After several minutes, I was informed I would be placed into a two-bedroom suite because the hotel was full. I was happy with the upgrade until I checked my Marriott Rewards account online later in the evening before I went to bed. I noticed 20,000 Marriott Rewards points had been deducted instead of using my e-certificate. I called Marriott Rewards customer service and the Marriott Guest Relations office and was assurred my account had been corrected. I checked my Marriott Rewards account the following day and noticed the points had been deducted once again. I had to call customer service again to have my account corrected yet another time.

Anyhow, I was not satisfied with my stay even though it was free. I reallyy felt like I wasted my free night certificate and wished I had used it at another Marriott property.

By the way, other than the suite being very large and nice, the rest of the facillity was lackluster. The excersie room and indoor pool were nothing to get excited about and the evening dinner was terrible. Cold cut sandwiches and rice. Come on Residence Inn, you can do better!

I called the manager a ew days later and told him about my less than satisfactory experience but he was not very helpful or apologetic.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Facilities were good. Location was good. Food was good. Bed was good. However the staff was not very helpful with complaints about room maintenance. Gas fireplace did not work - after the 3rd day and when I checked out I was told the pilot did not work. I had to ask each day the status of the request. Each day I was told a different story by the day desk clerk versus what the night clerk would say. However each one would always say "I will submit a work order for maintanance". Pool looked ok but did not use as did the whirlpool. I liked the Hampton Inn down the road as I stayed at the Hampton Inn during a previous trip. Steak and Shake within walking distance but the burger was not as good as most steak and Shakes. Milkshake was excellent. One computer in lobby was the business center. Be sure and look around the wall for all the breakfast items as some are not in clear site. Belgium waffles and oatmeal is offered in the breakfast bar. Good variety of jucies.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

My husband and I flew to the midwest for medical reasons. I had surgery in nearby Missouri. We spent a week at the Residence Inn during my recovery. The hotel room was immaculate. The kitchen was well equipped with beautiful countertops, a full-sized refrigerator, dishwasher, and stovetop. The kitchen had plenty of room, located in the corner of the unit. Since my husband worked from the hotel, the desk in the living area was invaluable. The separate bedroom allowed me to rest or watch tv without disturbing my husband at work. The unit had two beautiful flat screened televisions with working remotes. The queen-sized bed was comfortable, there were two spacious nightstands, and good lighting on both sides of the bed. In general, the lighting in the unit was terrific. In addition, two large windows let in plenty of natural light. The bathroom was spotless, plenty of towels, nice shower. Since we spent most of our time in the hotel, we didn't really utilize maid service. We did request some fresh towels every now and then. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The area was ideal for us. There was a plethora of restaurants, food stores, convenience stores, and drug stores in the immediate vicinity. We would eat breakfast and lunch in the hotel room, then get take out for dinner. Despite the close proximity of so many conveniences, the hotel area was very quiet, and set back from the streets. Our unit was quiet inside. Only occasionally could we hear some children laughing in the hallway outside our door. The bedroom was cleverly located in the back of the unit, away from the front door - Therefore, we never heard any noise from our back bedroom.
Our stay here was a pleasure. We absolutely recommend this hotel. If we are ever back in the area, we would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

This is a newer style Residence Inn with multiple floors. We had the two bedroom suite, with two full baths, which is perfect when traveling with children. Cleanliness was well above average. Breakfast was the standard Residence Inn fare yet very good nevertheless. The evening Manager's Receptions were particularly well done. Easy access to and from the Highway makes this facility a short hop to all the Kansas City area has to offer.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

This was the first time I have stayed at a Residence Inn. My husband recommended we stay here, after he stayed at the Residence Inn in Charleston, SC. It was awesome. The room was huge, with a desk, kitchen, living room area, big screen tv (which you can pivot to watch in the living room or in bed), comfortable King size bed, nice linens, large bathroom, large closet, and an area outside the bathroom with sink and mirror. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. We were staying for 3 nights, and it was great to be able to spread out and relax. We didn't swim in the indoor pool, but the pool and pool area looked very clean. There is an outside patio for smokers, a basketball area, and two mini-putt greens. The free breakfast was excellent - breads and bagels, but also a selection of hot foods, including oatmeal, which was a nice change. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The surrounding area has lots of stores and restaurants close by, including a Super-Target. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Overland Park.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

We stayed at the Residence Inn in Overland Park, KC - the later part of June and really enjoyed it. Comfortable and clean rooms - lovely granite top surfaces - breakfast buffet is great. Has a complete kitchen - all updated - We recommend it - excellent location. Overland Park is about 30 minutes from the KC International Airport.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Kansas City Overland Park? Share your experiences!