“Efficient kind staff/ clean, quiet, safe,” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf

You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7201 W 106th St, Overland Park, KS 66212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Lathrop, Missouri
“Efficient kind staff/ clean, quiet, safe,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stay regularly . This location is conveniently located around the interstate, and restaurants and shopping areas in the area.The staff is kind and very concerned that you are satisfied with your room assignment. The room has everything your could possibly need, refrigerator, microwave, stove top, TV, coffee maker. internet access.The rooms are quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We recently stayed in this hotel and our experience was great. Everyone was very friendly and they always asked if we needed anything - before we could even ask. When returning to KC I will always stay here as it feels more like a home than a hotel. Very clean, very safe, many great restaurants and shopping were very close. We had three adults in our room and never felt crowded as the layout/size of the room allowed everyone their own space,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Mechanicsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times for work. The rooms are always clean and quiet. Good area, convenient location for dining and working in the KC area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Cedar Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have been travelling to Kansas City on business for the last 6 years. I stayed at many different area hotels before before finding Extended Stay in Overland Park. I haven't stayed anwhere else since (well once, Shelley informed me they were booked full but found me a room elsewhere without any effort on my part). I've enjoyed the familiar service and have had my requests and needs met VERY adequately. Anytime someone asks me for a hotel recommendation in the SW Kansas City area I always tell them to call Extended Stay.

Room Tip: Choose an even numbered room, they face the parking lot and tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Fond du Lac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed here for about 6 weeks for buisness. The staff was friendly and very helpfull in making me feel at home (away from home). The rooms were clean and sound proof. You close the door and don't here much of anything outside your room. Nice location too, plenty of places to eat, shop, or have a beverage of choice near by.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

PROS
* Fairly new, tucked away off the main roads, though still easy to access to them
* Ample parking
* "Open King" Suite is spacious (18 x 24), with big flat screen TV, DVD player, recliner, sleeper sofa, ample lighting and big windows
* Very nice & accommodating staff
* Upscale bar of bath soap in the shower
* Two laundry rooms, conveniently located (one on the third floor)
* Three big mirrors, one full length
* Adequate plug ins for power. I especially liked the desk lamp with two built-in outlets -- perfect!
* Good digital clock
* Comfortable bed
* Two a/c & heating units... one by the bed/desk and one in the living area. New and work well. Reasonably quiet.
* Thick drapes to block out all light
* Wifi works well
* Nice, big refrigerator & freezer (w/ ice maker)
* Big dresser
* Breakfast is pretty basic, but adequate ... plain bagels, muffins, oatmeal, three kinds of coffee, cream cheese, jelly, fruit

CONS
* Sink area is a little cramped, but adequate
* Kitchen is very cramped, trouble opening some cabinets
* Room was missing some supplies (shampoo, dish washing liquid, paper towels, etc.), but front desk staff was quick to supply them when asked.
* Somewhat thin walls... could hear some bathroom noises and occasional sounds/voices from next door
* Nice spacious shower, but curtain would not close completely resulting in water on floor
* Bathroom sink faucet difficult to turn off completely
* Have to pay $5 for internet, but that covers the entire stay
* Sparse workout room (one treadmill, one stepper)

SUMMARY
I stayed here for three nights in September (2011), and plan to stay here again next time I am in town. Great value for $60 a night! I was upgraded to an Open King Suite because that's all they had left when I arrived. (Sweet!)
My biggest complaint was the noise coming from the rooms adjacent to mine. There were a number of college age adults staying at the hotel that weekend, for some athletic competition I believe, and they got a bit raucous. I complained to the front desk and the problem went away for the most part.

Room Tip: There are two laundry rooms in the hotel, each with several washers and dryers. The one I used was o...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

This hotel is very good. It was quiet and clean. The room was very spacious, and comfortable. And the staff was friendly. I wished they would give breakfast on Sundays as well. But overall, it was good for the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf

Address: 7201 W 106th St, Overland Park, KS 66212
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Kansas City / Overland Park / Metcalf Hotel Overland Park
Extended Stay Overland Park
Overland Park Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.