“Great if Traveling with Family (1.5yr old)!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10556 Marty Avenue, Overland Park, KS 66212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Sunset Hills, Missouri
“Great if Traveling with Family (1.5yr old)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was our first stay at a Homewood. Traveling with an infant and staying in one room is not easy, somebody isn't getting any sleep! The room set up was perfect. The separate living room area was plenty big for a pack n play and allowed us to shut our door and get a great night's sleep in the bedroom. The bathroom is large, has a separate sink area to the shower/toilet. Also there is a full service kitchen, kitchen table, etc. This is basically a home. Not to mention the free breakfast every morning which consists mainly of some small food items but worked out great for our son as we didn't need to bring any additional food items to feed him (he is 1.5 yrs old). It was pretty crowded, but we were able to find a seat just fine, and there was plenty of food to go around.

We felt like we were staying at someone's home (hence the name I gather). It was great. I wish more hotels offered these type of accommodations. We will look at staying in Homewoods in every city we visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Warner Robins, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Spent most of a week at this hotel. It's a "Homewood Suites by Hilton" so its a good hotel. Breakfast and snack dinner served. It's clean. It's nice in a good location. But there were a few minor issues with the meals that were just annoying. At all the meals they constant were out of something. While it was somewhat busy, it certainly wasn't packed. Once or twice I could understand but multiple times every meal ? Also the food was just ok. I've stayed at many Homewood suites and their meals were not on par with others Homewood suites meals. I would stay there again but I can't give them the rave review of most Homewood suites.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
chicago,illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Spent a long weekend at this property and had mixed emotions. I've stayed at a handful of Homewood Suites properties and I have to say that this was the worst of those. With that being said it wasn't a bad place, it just wasn't up to what my expectations are of this chain.

We had a 1 bedroom with 2 queen size beds. The room was clean but the layout was much different from my past experiences at Homewood Suites. The kitchen wasn't open to the living room, it was a galley kitchen that was closed off to the living room. It just was a very choppy room and not open like the normal layout I've become accustomed to at Homewood. The water pressure in the shower wasn't that good.

We went to the pool only once because it didn't seem very clean to me. There were needles from the bushes floating in the hot tub and pool and there was pea gravel and other drebris on the bottom of the pool. It gave me the impression that the pool hadn't been cleaned in a while. It is an outdoor pool which is different too from other Homewood Suites I've stayed at.There was also a clear plastic drinking glass sitting on one of the tables and it had leaves and water in it. From the looks of the water it had been sitting there for more than a couple of days. The pool furniture was mismatched cluttered and just didn't fit in the pool area.

The breakfast buffet is always one of my favorite amenities of the Homewood Suites. This one was on par with the rest of the ones I've been to. The two ladies who were the attendants definitely had their hands full on Saturday because it was very busy. I saw someones suggestion about the waffle maker and I agree. I don't think that it's exclusive to this property I've felt the extra waffle maker would be needed at other properties too. The location of the waffle maker was a problem because the garbage and dish drop off was at the same area and with a table for 4 tucked into that corner it was a logistic nightmare on a busy day.

I liked the dvd rental. I've never seen it at another property or wasn't aware of it but it was nice. Also, Elsdon at the desk was very professional, and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
kimberlytwhite, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear bmac75,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of the pool and surrounding pool area and we apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I’m so happy that Edison was able to assist you with your needs and that you enjoyed our DVD rental offering! I hope that if you travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Most sincerely,

Kimberly T. White
Homewood Suites by Hilton
10556 Marty Street
Overland Park, KS. 66212
Central Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

A good hotel for the price. A hot breakfast is included that is pretty good - eggs, sausage, potatoes and waffles if you want to stand around and wait. More than 1 waffle maker ought to be available, especially with every kid wanting waffles. Rooms are clean, but carpet could use updating. The lady at the desk was new and wasn't sure of procedures and couldn't print out receipts Sunday morning. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This Homewood continues the chain's reputation for clean, well-equipped and well-run properties. We were very pleased with the helpfulness of the staff and the great location close to shopping and cultural attractions. It's off a main road and near a major highway, but so quiet that you forget they are there. We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Holly Springs, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This may possibly be the cleanest hotel I've ever been in. It seems that cleaning here is a professional sport, because the staff cleans like they're getting paid millions.

The property itself is slightly dated, some work was needed to update the shower/toilet area of the bathroom in the room I was in for 3-4 days.

The breakfast was great with lots of food and pretty good coffee (not that watery stuff you often get for free).

Beds were acceptable. Good linens in good condition.
This is a solid property for the money, with an outstanding staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple years in a row nos for some Royals games. Great service and nice rooms.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Kansas City/Overland Park? Share your experiences!