“Very Clean and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10591 Metcalf Frontage Road, Overland Park, KS 66212   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Wichita, United States
“Very Clean and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Overland Park's Hampton Inn. The staff greeted me when they saw me, the free breakfast was very good and varied, and the cleaning staff made my room immaculate every day.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We came for a wedding in the area and were very pleased by all that the Hotel provided for us. The staff all around made us welcome and asked how they could help us in any way. We would highly reccommend this Hampton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

When we walked in the room the first thing that was noticed was that the sheet was hanging at a crooked angle out from underneath the duvet. The bed was very lumpy looking and this doesn't give a very favorable impression. I immediately went in to use the bathroom and was grossed out by the fact that there was still body hair from the last guest on the floor. You could definitely tell that the floor had not been cleaned very well. If the housekeeper missed all of these things that are visible, it makes you wonder what else they missed in cleaning the room. We should have pointed all of this out to the front desk staff but we had already had a negative experience with check-in. I had made reservations by phone but had never received an e-mail. I had a confirmation# so I didn't worry about it. The front desk showed I had reservations for the previous night. They insisted on charging for that night since I hadn't called to cancel. We eventually got that worked out but since we had that issue I didn't want to appear like I was one of those people that could not be pleased. But I will say that we would not make reservations here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton-Inn-GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I greatly appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive stay. We try to do everything we can to enhance the comfort and satisfaction of our guests, and I apologize that we fell short of your expectations of us. We thank you for your feedback as it will help us to better our property for the future. I have shared your comments with all of our staff and housekeeping especially were very sorry the room wasn't up to our standard. We hope you'll give us another chance and stay with us again the next time you're in town!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is a good value for the location. The accomodations are decent, clean and acceptable. With that said, I would be critical of their commitment to excellent standards. The bedding was of the appearance of being unmade. I know the Hampton Inn, being a frequent guest, has a lumpy looking type of comforter but these beds were particularly disheveled of appearance giving pause for thought as to their cleanliness. One of the reasons I stay at Hamptons is the public pronouncement they make to provide clean bedding, including comforter upon the change of a rooms guest. Any issue that causes me to question that commitment, is concerning.
There were no outstanding negatives regarding my stay at this property. I just wish they would do better by the standards of the Hampton Inn chain where I have had many extremely positive stays.

Room Tip: Restaurants within walking distance
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is the first time we stayed at this hotel.. We pre-paid the room online for a great price.. It's very easy to find & a great location.. Lobby & staff are friendly. Room was great king size bed & sofabed was comfortable for our son. The only issue we had was the hotel was full & we were unable to find a spot to eat our complimentary breakfast so we had to opt for a local restaurant for breakfast.. Since it was a full weekend we had to wait along time for the elevator. Hotel stay was great except for our small issues & will stay at this hotel again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The property, facilities, breakfast, and the room were all nice, clean, modern and fresh. Reasonably priced, especially for what you receive. Room was very clean, bathroom was larger than normal and stocked with 4 of each type of towel.
The only negative was the bed. We had a king bed room (room 500). The bed was not the typical great Hilton/Hampton Inn beds. The bed seemed old and with two people laying in it, we rolled to the middle of the bed. There was an obvious "sinking" part to the middle of the bed. If this bed was the typical great beds you find in most Hampton Inn's, I would give a 5-star.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Frisco, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very nice facility with an incredible staff of friendly, helpful team members. The rooms are always clean and there are local restaurants like Applebee's just around the corner that has really good fair priced food, can accomodate groups, teams and has a great bar. I stay at this property almost weekly when I come into KC.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Kansas City/Overland Park? Share your experiences!