“I guess it was a good value.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Omaha,Nebraska
“I guess it was a good value.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was my first time staying in a Candlewood Suites when we arrived I guess its a brand standard to only do housekeeping once a week vs everyday. When you need new towels you must bring all of your towels to the front desk to count and reissue you more. The front desk is closed from 11pm to 7pm to allow the night audit to wash the towels and do the bookwork. Our room looked to be freshly remodled and I was pleasantly suprised until I layed on the bed....It was loud and it felt like I was laying on the floor. Am guessing there wasn't enough money in the budget for a new beds. The hotel is right off the interstate for easy access. I guess I'd go back if the rate was right. Hopefully the beds will be a little less noisy and concrete like.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Josh D, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey. We are are always looking for ways to improve our current and future guest's experiences. We do get a lot of compliments on our beds but, unfortunately it seems that the bed in your room was not up to par. I appreciated you informing us of this. I would very much like to get more details about your stay so we can correct this. Please feel free to e-mail me at josh.diehl@ihg.com with details of your stay and I will investigate this and replace the bed if needed.

Thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Josh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
High Rolls, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

A bit difficult to find if you don't know the area, but the staff were very helpful once we arrived. The room was so clean! But, the front desk staff were the winners because they were so anxious to assist with directions to anywhere we wanted to go. When we got lost and couldn't find our way back, we called and they guided us back to the hotel. We will definitely stay here again. Heck, we hated to leave when we had to. Thanks, IHG and the Overland Park, KS Candlewood Suites!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh D, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Hello again Diane and thank you so much for the kind words! It was a pleasure having you with us and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while in Overland Park. We are set off from the main road a little bit but, we just like to say that we're the best kept secret! The team and I really enjoyed having you stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Josh Diehl
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Recently on 05/18/13 we stayed at this location after driving in from out of state for a graduation. We arrived only to find out they had bumped us to another hotel in Olathe. Management was aware of this (and the front desk) and nobody could even call us in advance so we could plan accordingly. In addition their excuse for bumping us was a maintenance emergency but the front desk confirmed it was actually due to overbooking. (I booked directly with the hotel 4 weeks in advance). The room was dingy at best and was not easily handicapped accessible as requested (we got put on 3rd floor). No pool or continental breakfast is included with this Candlewood Suites as well. I recommend staying at another hotel (they have comparable rates) and I will not revisit this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Josh D, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for you comments Brent and thank you for speaking with me over the phone regarding these issues as well. We strive to accomodate all of our guest's requests and we are almost always able to do so. I am sorry that we fell short of that goal during your recent stay. I am happy that we were able to ultimately provide you with a suite as reserved rather than having you at another hotel. I am also glad that we were able to come to agreement on the resolution for those issues. I will be happy to discuss any of these issues further as well if you like and you are welcome to contact me directly at 913-469-5557 or josh.diehl@ihg.com.

Josh Diehl
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The service is terrible, hotel is find it's the people that run it.
This will be my last time staying here.Need new management and this will be a great hotel to stay in.The location is great love that .Just having a bad experience here make me think that management is racist really thinking bout checking out this hotel today

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear c c,

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I went to our first Nascar Sprint cup race, and also the Craftsman Truck race. We booked this hotel only a week in advance and got a room... Everything was perfect, right from check in to check out. Awesome and comfortable.
When we arrived, I got to spin the wheel, and got ourselves 1000 priority club member points. Nice. The kitchen is the best, equipped with everything you could need to make a simple breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Hen House, is right beside, very good for groceries.
The bed was comfortable, and room itself very comfortable. Not one bad thing to say about the Candlewood Suites in Overland Park, Kansas. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, only because we were very tired, it had been a long 12 hour drive. Th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for one night in March 2013 and really enjoyed it. The check in experience was quick and efficient. The room including the bathroom was clean and comfortable. I was most impressed with the quietness of the hotel; we both rested very well here. I would stay here again if I travel to this area of KC for business or leisure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Duluth, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Candlewood Suites Overland Park did a great job on updating it's rooms. I stayed here a year ago, due to it's good proximity for business at Johnson County Community College (within walking distance). This year I was pleasantly surprised by a classy, refreshed room! The design is all well thought out and sleek. If I had to live in a studio apartment I would want it to look very much like the rooms here! Highly recommended if you don't require a lot of service during your stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Overland Park? Share your experiences!