“service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Kansas City, Missouri
“service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The service is terrible, hotel is find it's the people that run it.
This will be my last time staying here.Need new management and this will be a great hotel to stay in.The location is great love that .Just having a bad experience here make me think that management is racist really thinking bout checking out this hotel today

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Overland Park, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear c c,

However, We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I went to our first Nascar Sprint cup race, and also the Craftsman Truck race. We booked this hotel only a week in advance and got a room... Everything was perfect, right from check in to check out. Awesome and comfortable.
When we arrived, I got to spin the wheel, and got ourselves 1000 priority club member points. Nice. The kitchen is the best, equipped with everything you could need to make a simple breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Hen House, is right beside, very good for groceries.
The bed was comfortable, and room itself very comfortable. Not one bad thing to say about the Candlewood Suites in Overland Park, Kansas. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor, only because we were very tired, it had been a long 12 hour drive. Th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Kansas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for one night in March 2013 and really enjoyed it. The check in experience was quick and efficient. The room including the bathroom was clean and comfortable. I was most impressed with the quietness of the hotel; we both rested very well here. I would stay here again if I travel to this area of KC for business or leisure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Duluth, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Candlewood Suites Overland Park did a great job on updating it's rooms. I stayed here a year ago, due to it's good proximity for business at Johnson County Community College (within walking distance). This year I was pleasantly surprised by a classy, refreshed room! The design is all well thought out and sleek. If I had to live in a studio apartment I would want it to look very much like the rooms here! Highly recommended if you don't require a lot of service during your stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lake Forest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am in the middle of a three month stay at Candlewood here in Overland Park, Kansas and I would like to compliment the General Manager, Josh, the Sales Manager, Becky, and the front desk staff - Kamela, Steve, Vanessa, Adam, and Cynthia, and Blanca and the housekeeping staff, for their warmth and friendliness, great customer service, care and concern, and diligence. They're all doing a wonderful job and I really appreciate that!

This property has been renovated just in the last few months. The rooms are spotless, the decor is appealing, and the beds are comfortable. The bathrooms are large and warm and there's great water pressure in the showers! Large flatscreen TVs with HD channels are in every room as well. It's a pleasant experience to stay here, and a great value for the money.

I will be coming to Overland Park several times a year and when I do, I will definitely stay at Candlewood Overland Park. I will be staying at the Fort Myers Sanibel Gateway Candlewood (reviewed by me previously) for a year or longer until I make a decision on what city in Florida to live in permanently when not in Kansas. The reason for my choice was because of the way I was helped by Sandi Gretz, the Sales Manager there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Arbor Vitae
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed here December of 2012. Everything was very fresh, looks to me that they had just undergone a recent update. My room was clean, modern, and comfortable. Decent size flat screen TV's (1 in living area, 1 in bedroom), good work surface, and good kitchen appliances/supplies. Bathroom / shower was also all very new looking and the shower had well-above-average water pressure.

The staff was for the most part friendly and attentive.

I think some of the "They didn't clean my room during the 3 days that I was there" reviews are from people that don't normally use extended stay type hotels...

I have found Candlewood to be the "sweet spot" between the higher-end (Residence Inn, etc) and the lower end (Extended Stay America, etc). They are also a pet friendly chain and most have a designated dog exercise area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My review is based on a very short stay. I was at this hotel for less than 12 hours - arriving late and checking out early. I was also upgraded to a better room, so I can't comment on the typical room here. The upgraded room reminds me of what you will usually get at a Residence Inn. The bedroom can be shut off by a door. The entry room has a small kitchen, a sofa, television, and the bathroom. The room was very clean, and it had everything I needed. The fitness room had what I needed. It had 2 treadmills, a weight machine, and some other equipment. They also offered washers and dryers. When I was there, several of the washers were not working, but there were some available. I liked that the fitness center was in the same room as the washers and dryers, so that you can exercise while you do laundry. They do not offer a free breakfast, but they have items that you can purchase on the honor system in their pantry. I also don't think that Candlewood has regular housekeeping service. If you plan to stay multiple days, you need to find out what days they clean the rooms. For what I needed, this place was great. They do offer limited services, but their prices are lower as well. It was fine with me not to eat breakfast there, because there were good places nearby for that. There's a shopping center a short walk away. This has a grocery store and a few restaurants. All of the staff that I saw were very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Overland Park? Share your experiences!