“Great Location - Lgm” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Joplin
“Great Location - Lgm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Three couples of us stayed five nights in three rooms. The rooms were adequate but, as others have mentioned, need some updating and some work. Since the three couples were staying for five nights we tried to get reduced rates but no deal since they were sold out for most of the time. However, I did receive an email after we booked showing rooms for $10.00 less per night. When I clicked on it I was informed no rooms available. Seemed like bait and switch but I'm sure the Chase Suites has no control when that ad pops up. The staff we came in contact with were customer friendly - Tia was outstanding. We had a problem with stool not flushing completely and reported it twice and someone came each time. The breakfast were fair and the two nights that we were able to take part in the "socials" involved corndogs one night and loaded baked potato the other and we enjoyed the free glass of wine or beer. Both were good and saved us $20,00 or more that each of us would have spent going out for dinner. The location was excellent for our activities. During our stay, as mentioned, they were sold out and one family was having a reunion. The dinning area was very crowded during the breakfast and social times. Management does have to spend some time and money to get the Chase Suites back up to standard for a three star hotel or drop the rating to two stars and reduce the rates $30.00 or more.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thanks for your review! It sounds like you and the other couples in your group Enjoyed your stay! You are right, we do stay very busy during the summer as many groups and families choose our hotel for the lodging needs! Our unique private entrances and extra space both inside and out are a huge hit with everyone! I will be sure to share your review with Tia, she will be thrilled you mentioned her name! She, along with the other staff, works hard to make sure each and every guests needs are met! Thank you again, Have a Fantastic Week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights. Had a 2 bedroom loft and a king suite. First the ups: good location, plenty of room for all of us. Both units had kitchens. Breakfast- one morning had sausage rolled up in pancakes , another morning had something similar to an egg mc muffin. Make your own waffles were available as well as cereal. Not bad for free. Also one evening they served grilled hamburger and hotdogs! This was a welcome change because I have never stayed anywhere that they offered dinner for free plus 1 drink. They had a pool and another patio area where you could grill on your own. Nice touch.

Now the downs: place needs updated desperately. Outside buildings need painted. The king suite was updated and had nice appliances and new tiles, paint, etc. The 2 bedroom loft however was not so good. Ceiling fan upstairs did not work, outlets would not hold a plug in them. Bathroom had cracked tile, stool around the bottom was gross. The carpet was stained and the furniture dirty. Lights in parking lot burned out, so very dark at night. Its too bad the owners have not kept this place in better condition, as we really enjoyed our stay, just not sure we would come again under these conditions.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Good Evening and Thank You for your review! I am glad you were able to experience one of our Spacious Two Bedroom Suites! We certainly want to make sure that each guest has a Great experience at our hotel. I will make sure to have both our maintenance staff and housekeeping team review your room to take care of any issues you had mentioned!

We are glad you were able to Enjoy our Complimentary Breakfast and Evening Manager's Reception! We are very unique in the fact that we offer the Manager's Social four nights a week. Grill Out Wednesday's is a hit and certainly a guest favorite!

Should you return to the Overland Park area, we would love to see you again! Thanks again for your review, enjoy the rest of your week!
Lake City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Tia was awesome and initially the room looked great. Upon closer inspection, the slats to the sliding glass door blind were broken and there were cob webs on the lamps. When I got a shower, I was constantly competing with someone else for the hot water and ended up with a 5 minute shower each time. The shuttle was not as readily available as I was told. On the second day when I returned to my room, it smelled like smoke. I noticed a cigarette butt on the tile entry way and cigarette ashes on the comforter of my bed. I can only assume whoever made my bed was smoking while in the room as I don't smoke. When I told the front desk clerk, she took a note but didn't offer an apologies.

Room Tip: I'd choose a different place to stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our property! I have made note of the cleanliness issues in your room and our Director of Housekeeping will look into them immediately.

All of Overland Park is 100% Non-Smoking and our hotel takes pride in that fact! I do apologize that you felt as though someone was smoking in your room. I can proudly state that not a single one of my housekeepers is a smoker and am baffled as to why your room had a cigarette butt on the floor. I am hoping it was possibly on someone's shoe that had entered the room?

The Chase Suite Hotels is unique in that each unit does have it's own water heater so you don't have to share with the other units. No need to fight over hot water here! I will have our maintenance staff review your water heater to make sure that it is working to full capacity!

The shuttle service provided operates Monday - Friday from 7AM - 7PM. Many individuals utilize this complimentary service and we ask that they schedule as far in advance as possible. Sometimes times are not available and our team does everything possible to make sure everyone is taken care of. This may mean having to wait a bit or heading to your destination a bit earlier.

Thank you again for your response! I hope you are Enjoying your Summer!
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our family group had had five rooms and nearly each one had a maintenance issues (stuck toilet, smoke detector battery needed, leaky air conditioner, odor, others I can't recall). They serve an adequate light dinner on Mon.-Thu. (burgers & dogs one night with salads another). Breakfast choices were limited, with one rotating hot selection daily, but was adequate as well. They have a nice deal for using the fitness and tennis club two blocks away, which was free to use and quite nice. Rooms and bedding were clean and the staff was very accommodating. (It seems to us - although I can't say with certainty, that the rooms we were shown when we arranged the group booking were in much better condition than the rooms we had when we stayed there.) I hope they have the resources to make updates because the location and staff are quite appealing. Overall it was not a terrible experience, but was okay/average.

Room Tip: Might want to try requesting an updated room - I think some are more up to date than others.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Good Afternoon and Thank you for your review! I wanted to start off by apologizing for any maintenance issues you may have encountered during your stay. I am confident that our skilled maintenance staff was able to fix your stopped up toilet, replace your smoke detector batteries, etc... It certainly can be a pain when everything isn't working up to par in your suite.

It is apparent that you were satisfied with the service you received along with the cleanliness of the suite! Our staff prides itself on having Great Customer Service and a Sparkling Clean hotel!

Should you return to the hotel, we would love to host your event again! By this time, the continuous renovations and updates we make to the hotel daily will make your stay even better!
NEVADA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Check in was a delight! A young lady named Tia could not have been any more patient or helpful. We were able to get an early check in which was wonderful following a 5 hour drive. Then we found out I had reservations only for one night and not two like I thought. It was my own fault but Tia worked quite awhile to get everything fixed so we could stay the extra night.

The hotel itself is another story. The outside of our upstairs unit was scary looking. The wood deck and the outside door are so weather beaten you wonder at first if they are safe. Inside the space is wonderful but it is old and has been used a lot. The kitchen was cheap to start with and is beyond outdated. The furniture in the seating area was torn, old and not inviting.
We had one large spider come crawling down the wall of the living room - which freaked me out. The bar area was nice.

The downstairs bedroom was fine. The bed was really, really nice! The bathroom was again another story. The exhaust fan was so loud it gave you a headache before you could get your showering over with. The stool really did not like to flush and they hide the hair dryer from you. (Hint: Inside the closet, behind the front door, under the huge bag of blankets.) Water pressure was good and there was plenty of hot water.

I did not go upstairs. Our grown son, who is not very picky, said it was fine. We wanted the separate space so he would have some privacy and we did get that with this arrangement.

The wireless internet was very good and I did appreciate that.
Breakfast was plentiful, if not particularly appealing. The hours were a little wonky. We were there for a Sunday morning and we were told on check in that breakfast was 8:00 - 10:00. We had plans that morning and would have left a little earlier than 8:00 but that was fine. That evening I tried two different times to find out what time breakfast was on Monday and I got no answer at the front desk - either time. When we got up, I called again to inquire about the hours and found that breakfast ended at 8:30. ?? So we missed it.

Overall, I can't say that this was a pleasant experience. Everything is so old that it doesn't feel clean and that's the most important thing to me. Great bed, though! and Tia is an exceptional employee.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
General_Manager_913, General Manager at Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Good Morning and Thank You for your recent review! You are right: Customer Service at the Chase Suite Hotels certainly is Top Notch. I do apologize that you had some issues with your room however. I do hope that you were able to report any problems that you had to the desk as our efficient and effective maintenance team takes pride in making sure that everything is in working order for our guests. Our breakfast hours are based on times that we see the most activity from our guests. We do realize that some guests do have other obligations and we certainly do have a few items out before and after breakfast to accommodate! To make sure that all our guests are aware of our hotel amenities, all amenities along with our Complimentary Breakfast/Social hours are listed on the backside of the map that you are given at check-in! We hope that you return to the area and choose the Chase Suite Hotels of Overland Park as your hotel destination!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I recently stayed here under a group reservation. They had a 3 night minimum policy. I had something come up where we did not need the three nights so i called 6 days in advance (well ahead of the 72 hour cancellation policy) to see if they would be able to let me stay only 2 nights. The person at the hotel told me that would not be a problem and they even gave me a new reservation and paperwork verifying so. Upon checkout the hotel charged me for 3 nights and basically told me the notes in the computer told them that my new reservation was not good. I did not receive a phone call or an email telling me of this change. Since my checkout on 5/26 I have talked to the general manager and the sales manager and I also provided them with the paperwork for the reservation change and I have not heard back from them. It now has been 2 days since I last talked to someone and have not heard anything. I work in the service industry and if I were to perform at my job this way It would NOT be tolerated. We have used chase suites in the past and have been very loyal to them. I am very disappointed in how I, the customer, have been treated. Really? 2 days and not even a call back? Terrible

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Good Morning! I am glad that you and I were able to talk with one another regarding your recent visit here at the Chase Suite Hotels in Overland Park. As discussed, we do hold our guests to our minimum night stay policies when required. When booking your reservation, it was told that there was a 3 night minimum. However, I am glad you and the Sales Manager were able to work something out and that she was able to accommodate you on the policy. Enjoy your week!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Staff was nice and accomodating. Free breakfast and dinner. Room was cleaned daily. Location is a perfect for a weekend getaway. We will stay there again soon. I think we have found our hotel for travel to kc.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you have found your new "Home Away from Home" while you are in the Kansas City area. We look forward to your return in the near future! Thanks again, Enjoy your Week!

Been to Chase Suite Hotel Overland Park? Share your experiences!