“EXCELLENT Location, Fantastic service! GREAT VALUE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Overland Park

You added Ramada Overland Park to your Saves list
Ramada Overland Park
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7240 Shawnee Mission Pkwy., Overland Park, KS 66202 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
St. Louis
“EXCELLENT Location, Fantastic service! GREAT VALUE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

I decided to have my wedding ceremony in Kansas and after months of searching finally settled on the Ramada Inn-Shawnee Mission. I chose this hotel because the owners were very friendly, and the management was very cooperative. Additionally, the location was excellent and very close to so many Kansas City attractions which was wonderful for all my out-of town guests. I liked the hotel so much that I even booked rooms there for my family and friends. I was not dissapointed at all! My wedding guests were so impressed!! the hotel has a beautiful indoor pool! gourmet breakfast ! free internet! play area for kids! beautifully furnished and clean room! business center! and FREE parking! The wedding reception went really really well also! It was such a big day in my life that I wouldnt have chosen just any location. The staff worked constantly to cater to my guests, the reception area looked really fancy and the owners were constantly around to get me and my guests anything we need. We had such a lovely time and created such beautiful memories at the Ramada Inn. Some of my guests liked it so much that they decided to stay a couple of nights even after I left! I would definately stay here during my next visit to Kansas, and highly recommend it to anyone especially groups with families. Your will be getting an excellent price for a safe, clean, fancy and entertaining hotel!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

went 12-30-09 12-31 09..smelled musty when got there..mold on ceiling..my comforter had blood on it..they had a party 4 new years ...it was fun but when it was over the owner .came over to us setting at the table jerk it up and told us to get out of the chairs we had to go ..we made a mess it was not us he was so rude to us would not listen to us ..we ask 4 a chair he told us it would cost us more money.then he took off his jacket like he wanted to fight this juster was to my daughter which was on call for.he was very mean when u have party things get messy ..it was not us ..i have picture to where we hung out for the evening . he was so nasty to us finally his wife came to talk to us telling us he was tierd ...im sorry thats no excuse for this kind of treatment..i spent alot of money to stay here ..he upset all of us my baby was crying and upset from this ..then he wants to threating to call police and hes the one making a scene..what is wrong with people..to top it off.they charged my credit card 500..dollars..this stay should have been free from the way we was treated..the heat was out ..u could not use the hottub ..doors do not lock...what was to be fun outing for my family was a nite mare ..i hope and pray this man relizes what he did was wrong and make it right to us ..no one should be treated as we was..i cleaned up my room under nite stand was some one elses slipper..

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
KCHospitality, Director of Sales at Ramada Overland Park, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
On New Year's Eve our hotel provided a balloon drop, free toast at midnight, childrens play area, DJ, Dance and Dinner with Package. After the party was over at 1:30AM the management asked for all guest to go back inside their rooms as some guest were sleeping. The common areas were closed. Unfortunately, we had some guest that did not wish to comply. The hotel has policies in place to protect all of our guest. Our goal is for every guest to have a great experience every time.

Lillie Graham
Director of Sales
kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

i will admit kids enjoyed owner (husband ) rudest most unprofessional person ever . stay dec 30th and 31 st to bring in the new year .. the 30th was good treated good pool and hot tub good staff good newyears eve woo did they change ... woke up hot tub empty furnace broke .. parking lot and sidewalks nothing but ice . wouldnt suprise me if there was some broken legs do to the conditions..it was newyear eve and at 12;30am on the 1st the owner cleared the lobby made everyone go to there room threatning to call the police if you didnt . screaming and carring on.it was crazy.. the worst it
cost on recipt was 184.30 looked at my account when got home and they charged 185.00 and 36.50 called to ask why .. they said they didnt know so tomarrow i have to fight with my bank so my advice is anyone that stays there check your statements with your bank or credit card company //ASAP//

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

I work with a youth nonprofit that organizes service trips for high school students. We have had large groups of students stay at this hotel the past couple years, and have had a very positive experience each year.

The hotel is in a great location near the Plaza, and is very group-friendly and flexible prior to and during our stay. The pool and game area provide for some entertainment, and the staff is easy to work with. We're looking forward to returning again in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
North Little Rock, AR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

I would not recommend this motel to any one. The all out stench of the smoke in the rooms is horrible. When requested a new room, we were told they were full when there were no cars in the parking lot. The floors were dirty. The bathrooms had mold all over. The staff was rude. The "continential breakfast" were three day old donuts and warm milk. In addition, if you wanted to use their "business center" you had to pay for the internet. When I asked about security cameras they laughed at me. All of these revelations were odd because we stayed at a Ramada in Fargo, ND the night before and it was the complete opposite... Helpful staff, beautiful clean rooms, and wonderful breakfast. I would not stay at this MOTEL ever again. And I suggest to each of you that you dont stay there either!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Garden City, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

This is what I get for not checking out the place before booking. This place is rated 2 1/2 stars? I'm still looking for the other 2 stars? The room STINKS. The A/C doesn't work very well. The door is so loose I don't even feel safe with it chained and bolted. All I can say is that the bed is comfy and the shower is great, and we're gone all day so we are only using the room to sleep. Would I recommend it to others? Yeah, there are several people I don't like...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

This is the dirtiest place I have ever stayed! We say cockroaches, not just one but several. The owner just picked them up and carried them out the fornt door. The doors leading to the parking lot either didnt open or didnt close. The kitchen served breakfast but I would rather eat at the gas station next door. The roof leaked even when it wasnt raining. The bathroom had a leak and water cascaded down the wall from above. The carpets were always wet, smelled musty, and I am sure mold was growing everywhere. DO NOT stay here, but if you do I warned you!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Overland Park? Share your experiences!