“Nice Hotel, Nice Staff, Clean Room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 W. 110th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Kansas City - Overland Park - Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #29 of 39 hotels in Overland Park
Kansas City, Kansas
“Nice Hotel, Nice Staff, Clean Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel during a weekend visit to the area.The one thing that we look for first is cleanliness of the facility and room. This place was clean. The room was great. Not one issue on the cleanliness or maintenance. Good Job Staff. There was one odd thing about this Hotel and that's the vending area was locked up when front desk close at night. Maybe there's a reason for this but that would be a pain in the butt to forget toothbrush or razor and couldn't gain access to this area. There was no stores or shopping near. The nearest store was 2 miles away. (Price Choppers). This was ok considering we needed to purchase things to cook in room. Yes Cook. This place had full kitchen. Nice. I would recommend this Hotel if your'e in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Kansas City - Overland Park. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

I am terribly sorry that it was not communicated to you upon check-in as to how to access the vending area. Communication is extremely important and I will be sure to address this with the managers and staff. The vending area is actually accessible by guest room keys and is available 24 hours a day/7days a week. Again, I am truly sorry that this was not communicated to you.

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My stay was great, the staff is friendly and personable. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. While I was there my air conditioning in my room went out and it took only one call to the great and responsive staff to get my issue resolved before I hung up the phone. You have to stay here if you are in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings. I am extremely pleased to know we were able to do that for you, including repairing the air conditioner so quickly. Thank you for your lovely remarks!

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I've been here over 2 months, and the staff have always been helpful and the facility is clean and comfortable. Nice flat panel TVs and free wireless Internet.

It's also a great location within range of a lot of stuff. Easy commute for lots of businesses, quick access to 435, an AMC theater .9 miles south. Multiple BBQ options 1,3, and 5 miles away and an awesome Barnes and Noble just about a mile down the road.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. It is also extremely motivating for us; we will continue to strive to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here for a little over a month while wating on my apt to be available after taking a new job in the KC area. The staff here are extrememly freindly and helpful and make you feel very welcome and at home.There were several families staying here while i was here so it's not just for the lone traveler.The rooms have everything. Dishes, silverware, pots and pans, refrigerators, a kitchen sink, stove and plenty of cabinet space.The surrounding community is very nice and upscale and this hotel is right in the middle of a truly beautiful area. There is shopping, food, entertainment and places like walmart and best buy only minutes away. Rather youre looking for a long term or short term solution, this is an outstanding establishment to use as a home away from home or, as was my case, a temporary home while yours is unavailable. Look no further!!! Book it!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the backside overlook a nice area. The view has an open yet secluded feel to it. Good i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for writing such wonderful things about your experience with us. Our hotel is totally committed to ensuring each guest receives our attention as needed and their rooms are fully stocked with all of the basic amenities. We are dedicated to satisfying every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other of our brand locations.
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for only a couple of days but it was comfortable and quiet; the things that you look for when relaxing out of town.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Kansas City - Overland Park. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed for over 3 months and I have nothing but good thing to say about the hotel, the staff and the manager.
It's a really good value for the price you pay.
Despite that my travel was mainly for business, I would definetly return if I'm around again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Kansas City - Overland Park. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have used this motel/hotel three times when family gathered in Overland Park for special occasions (two Thanksgivings and a grandchild's birth). The grounds are nice (though under some renovation currently) and well kept. The rooms are more than adequate for a home away from home with a full-sized refrigerator, toaster, microwave, stove top, coffee maker, and the odd assortment of utensils and dishes. The price is one of the best in the area every day, every month. I will be returning to Overland Park monthly for the rest of 2012 and had considered Homestead, BUT--and this is a very big "but" for me--the advertised free WiFi is a joke, a farce, and a horrible distortion. Having stayed here before, I can tell you that Homestead has put on the Internet brakes. And having logged 44 days of leisure travel in 2010 and a few under that in 2011, I have paid my share of housing charges and used WiFi in 15 U.S. states and Mexico. I can attest to its quality and to the fact that Homestead does not measure up. However, for $3 daily (not even hinted at when reserving rooms or checking in) or $30 monthly, you can have the better WiFi, but if you do not pay up, your electronics will grind and grind, buffer and buffer and buffer. After more than 2 hours, my FB feed would load only two posts and none of the photos accompanying those posts. Forget about substituting online TV streaming for the in-room TV programming to catch up on those few shows you missed while on the road. Granted, $3 is a modest fee, but to boast of Free WiFi, then to offer so little is "bait and switch" and, dare I say it, dishonest. Trust me, you will not find "free WiFi" at Homestead comparable to what you've enjoyed in coffee shops, medical waiting rooms, motels, and resorts. My Kindle did not even fully load a current magazine issue in 24 hours!!!! If you are a "wired" family (and what family isn't?) or if you conduct business when away from home (as I do), then this is NOT the place for you. And that's just bad business on their part. They've recently updated the old TV technology to flat screens, suggesting that the Extended Stay franchise wants your business because they are investing in properties, but they are being Scrooges with the so-called "free WiFi." If they must have this sort of fee to balance their books, then they should be aware that some of their competition provides better WiFi without any additional fee and even better suites. Oh, and the air conditioner is annoyingly loud and intrusive.

Room Tip: Beware of the additional fees required for decent Internet service.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Kansas City - Overland Park. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Given how many business travelers depend on us for fast, reliable internet access, we think that our investment into our internet networks is a wise one. What's more, although some of our competitors may advertise "free WiFi", the service is really not free at all. In fact, they bundle the cost into your rate, so you wind up paying more for your room whether you get online or not. Our approach is different. Our guests only pay for wireless internet access if they choose to obtain faster speed connections, otherwise it is a free service no matter how long you stay. It doesn't matter how long you stay. That means that our fees are among the lowest in the industry. Please understand that each guest is important to us, and we will continue to use feedback like yours to shape our policies.

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave

Homestead Studio Suites Kansas City - Overland Park Hotel
Homestead Studio Suites Kansas City - Overland Park Hotel Overland Park
Homestead Suites Overland Park
Homestead Overland Park
Overland Park Homestead
Overland Park Homestead Suites
Address: 5401 W. 110th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Kansas City - Overland Park - Convention Center)
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Ranked #29 of 39 hotels in Overland Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.