You added Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5401 W. 110th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Kansas City - Overland Park - Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Wichita, Kansas
“Nice Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for only a couple of days but it was comfortable and quiet; the things that you look for when relaxing out of town.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Kansas City - Overland Park. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed for over 3 months and I have nothing but good thing to say about the hotel, the staff and the manager.
It's a really good value for the price you pay.
Despite that my travel was mainly for business, I would definetly return if I'm around again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Kansas City - Overland Park. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Camdenton, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have used this motel/hotel three times when family gathered in Overland Park for special occasions (two Thanksgivings and a grandchild's birth). The grounds are nice (though under some renovation currently) and well kept. The rooms are more than adequate for a home away from home with a full-sized refrigerator, toaster, microwave, stove top, coffee maker, and the odd assortment of utensils and dishes. The price is one of the best in the area every day, every month. I will be returning to Overland Park monthly for the rest of 2012 and had considered Homestead, BUT--and this is a very big "but" for me--the advertised free WiFi is a joke, a farce, and a horrible distortion. Having stayed here before, I can tell you that Homestead has put on the Internet brakes. And having logged 44 days of leisure travel in 2010 and a few under that in 2011, I have paid my share of housing charges and used WiFi in 15 U.S. states and Mexico. I can attest to its quality and to the fact that Homestead does not measure up. However, for $3 daily (not even hinted at when reserving rooms or checking in) or $30 monthly, you can have the better WiFi, but if you do not pay up, your electronics will grind and grind, buffer and buffer and buffer. After more than 2 hours, my FB feed would load only two posts and none of the photos accompanying those posts. Forget about substituting online TV streaming for the in-room TV programming to catch up on those few shows you missed while on the road. Granted, $3 is a modest fee, but to boast of Free WiFi, then to offer so little is "bait and switch" and, dare I say it, dishonest. Trust me, you will not find "free WiFi" at Homestead comparable to what you've enjoyed in coffee shops, medical waiting rooms, motels, and resorts. My Kindle did not even fully load a current magazine issue in 24 hours!!!! If you are a "wired" family (and what family isn't?) or if you conduct business when away from home (as I do), then this is NOT the place for you. And that's just bad business on their part. They've recently updated the old TV technology to flat screens, suggesting that the Extended Stay franchise wants your business because they are investing in properties, but they are being Scrooges with the so-called "free WiFi." If they must have this sort of fee to balance their books, then they should be aware that some of their competition provides better WiFi without any additional fee and even better suites. Oh, and the air conditioner is annoyingly loud and intrusive.

Room Tip: Beware of the additional fees required for decent Internet service.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Kansas City - Overland Park. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

Given how many business travelers depend on us for fast, reliable internet access, we think that our investment into our internet networks is a wise one. What's more, although some of our competitors may advertise "free WiFi", the service is really not free at all. In fact, they bundle the cost into your rate, so you wind up paying more for your room whether you get online or not. Our approach is different. Our guests only pay for wireless internet access if they choose to obtain faster speed connections, otherwise it is a free service no matter how long you stay. It doesn't matter how long you stay. That means that our fees are among the lowest in the industry. Please understand that each guest is important to us, and we will continue to use feedback like yours to shape our policies.

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

After getting divorced, I was looking for a place to stay that was close to work with most of the amenities of home without a long term committment or lease. This place fit the bill very well. Its closet space was larger than most extended stay facilities; the front desk ladies were very friendly (they even make cookies from time-to-time and brought them to my room); the maintenance guy is great .... Any time something malfunctioned, he was on it ASAP. Even their regional manager Karen was great / after the 1st time she met you, she called you by name. The rooms were older but very clean and it was a really quiet place 90% of the time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed at Homestead Studio Suites for four nights while I was attending a training. It definitely did have all the comforts of home - everything I needed in the kitchen, a comfortable bed, free internet access and very friendly staff. For the price, it can't be beat (I paid $30 per night through a bid on Priceline.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I read several reviews about this hotel and was initially a little concerned. I am glad to report that my concerns were not needed. It is not the Ritz, so if you are looking for the Ritz you will be disappointed so go ahead and book at the Ritz and pay thier price. If you are just looking for a really cheap, comfortable place to lay your head...then this is the place for you.

There is nothing fancy about this hotel. Is it outdated...yes. Do they need a little newer, nicer linens....yes. However, my room was clean, air worked well, staff was friendly and it served our needs. It was perfect for us for the price!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Kansas City - Overland Park. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Kirksville, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Although the pictures on the website appear to be nice, my first encounter with this hotel was over the phone as I called ahead to ensure they knew I was coming while driving to KC. I had to go through multiple prompts and waiting time to get to a live voice, and then I was informed by the desk clerk that they always closed the front desk right on the hour. Luckily, I made it just in time, and while unloading my car I watched them pull down the metal locking shield closing off access to their front desk, as well closing the door to their pantry. Although from the outside this place looks well-cared for, the inside leaves a LOT to be desired. The rooms were unclean, someone's HAIR found on the sheets, broken floor tiles and even a broken glass coffee pot in the room. Something resembling sawdust mixed with coffee grounds was in the kitchenette drawers, along with only 2 mismatched forks and knives, both dirty and disgusting, looking as if had been licked off and put back in drawer. Old dehydrated, burned macaroni pieces in the kitchen sink. The night worker was very friendly, and she changed the sheets and brought me a brand, new coffeepot, although it did nothing about the lack of feeling secure in the place. She offered to put me in another room, but due to the lateness of the hour, and already knowing what else was WRONG with the room I was in, I didn't feel the next room would be any better, and feared it would be even worse!! The hotel's "pantry" consisted of 2 vending machines containing food/ drink/ toothbrushes/ shampoo etc, which are in a locked room requiring your room key to enter. Even though you have a room key, however, after hours you also have to have the night staff ESCORT you to get a Coke from that machine at night, as your room key will not unlock the pantry after hours! When a place has to lock up it's vending machines even from it's paying patrons at night.... how safe is it to sleep at --- really??? My second floor window wouldn't even lock (broken). The only positive thing is that I didn't SEE any bugs...No local shopping either --- must drive across town unless just buying from gas station shelves!! I stayed awake my first night there and got out of there as FAST as I could the next day! Definitely NOT worth the money or lost sleep, even if you bring your own gun for safety!!! Big disappointment for being in the convention center area~!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Kansas City - Overland Park. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Been to Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave

Address: 5401 W. 110th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Kansas City - Overland Park - Convention Center)
Location: United States > Kansas > Overland Park
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Overland Park
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Kansas City - Overland Park Hotel Overland Park
Homestead Suites Overland Park
Homestead Overland Park
Overland Park Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.