“Great place to take the family!” 5 of 5 stars

913-897-2360
Website
Improve this listing
Overland Park, Kansas
“Great place to take the family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We started taking our kids when they were little, now taking my grandson. Terrific place! Love feeding the baby goats, petting areas, pony rides, and much, much more.

5 attraction reviews
“Great place to visit any day and several times with small children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

When this farmstead opened about 25 years ago,(named in honor of an Overland Park police officer killed in the line of duty) I took my son along with our play group. What a great place for hands on with the small farm animals. Handfuls of feed are in gumball like machines for kids to give to the animals. There are ponds now that permit fishing (catch & release) for a small fee. There are lots of antique farm equipment and a flower and produce planted by Johnson County Master Gardeners. Things have improved and been added over the years, a snack stand and a small "general Store". We always took a lunch and used the adjacent playground. I wish I was that young Mom with a young son all over again! Don't miss it! (It's been years since I visited, but heard many good things from friends with small children and had to enter a date visited for my review to post), sorry, but this is a great place, I just had to weigh in when Trip Advisor contacted me.

Visited October 2012
Syracuse, NY
“Excellent hands on learning experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a must do with children. It was a great hands experience for my granddaughters ages 18 months and 6 yrs old. We stayed about 2 hours and could have stayed longer if we weren't trying to fit so much into a short visit. It gets busier later in the day so go early in the morning if you want to avoid a mob of excited children crowding each other out at the exhibits.

Kansas City, Missouri
21 attraction reviews
“Fun, Cheap, and even More to Do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We went back to Deanna Rose this year. It was a lot of fun. Most of the construction of updating stuff was gone when we went two years ago. There is the goats to feed for only $1 from a bottle, but you can just pet them. There is cow to look at and you can even see them being milked if you are there at the right time. You can also fish for a pretty cheap price. Admission is free during the week and cost of weekends and special events, so always check prior to going. I love that I can get a wagon or stroller around the park easy since there is quite a bit of walking. The kids love to stop and play in the playgrounds for a bit, including the big red barn with a slide. We also fed some other animals with a few quarters, so remember to grab some change before you go. This is the first time we took the nature trail towards the back of the park, that was nice. We also looked at some birds and others in cages. Then we look around at the garden that Master's Gardner's maintain, with some cute little cut out to take your kids pictures in a butterfly. Some rocks and items with letters and numbers to for the kids. If your town for the week looking for something to do this is a different and fun experience if you have never been. We didn't visit everything and were there for a good 3 hours, they allow you to pack a lunch so that is nice. If we would of we would of stayed a little longer to finish seeing everything.

Visited May 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
“Excellent place to take the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We visit Deanna Rose regularly. It's easy to spend a couple of hours walking the grounds. Lot's of activities for the kids too. Our son loves to feed the baby goats.